Welcome Jesse Marsch

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Re: Welcome Jesse Marsch

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

John Dane wrote:All in all I love knowing, that our players do a lot of work away from the training ground too - and perhaps as important?
It might not matter to all fans John, but I am with you, it matters to me that we have genuinely good human beings representing the club and that the club and players treat giving back to the community seriously.

We do seem to have a good bunch of lads from that perspective and the club themselves are pretty good with this stuff.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Our paths crossed before....
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

mapperleywhite wrote:Image

Mark Jackson playing for us, our Under 23’s coach now.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
mapperleywhite wrote:Image

Mark Jackson playing for us, our Under 23’s coach now.
For the historians among us - https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/ ... 81381855b/

It finished 1-1
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

http://www.ozwhitelufc.net.au/leeds_fri ... 5-1997.php

On the excellent Oz White site. One of our members was going to the game but ended up missing it.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Barlow Boy wrote: Mark Jackson playing for us, our Under 23’s coach now.
Isn't he our first team coach now?
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote: Mark Jackson playing for us, our Under 23’s coach now.
Isn't he our first team coach now?
Correct mate, my bad :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

DC United had won the 1st MLS championship the year before, as stated on the programme heading.
I went to the final in Foxboro, Massachusetts, at the old Scaffier stadium, DC beat LA Galaxy, just forget the score.
DC won 3 out of the 1st four championships. They played a different type of football to everybody else, a controlled possession game with skilled players, where all the other teams were kick and run. They had 3 South American players, 'the golden triangle' I called them, I recognize Moreno named on the programme as one of them. The manager Bruce Arena later became USA coach.John Harkes came to UK and played for Derby.
psquithy
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by psquithy »

Saxon wrote:DC United had won the 1st MLS championship the year before, as stated on the programme heading.
I went to the final in Foxboro, Massachusetts, at the old Scaffier stadium, DC beat LA Galaxy, just forget the score.
DC won 3 out of the 1st four championships. They played a different type of football to everybody else, a controlled possession game with skilled players, where all the other teams were kick and run. They had 3 South American players, 'the golden triangle' I called them, I recognize Moreno named on the programme as one of them. The manager Bruce Arena later became USA coach.John Harkes came to UK and played for Derby.
Was JM playing for them when they won the championship?
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

psquithy wrote:
Saxon wrote:DC United had won the 1st MLS championship the year before, as stated on the programme heading.
Was JM playing for them when they won the championship?
It was a long time ago, I didn't remember, so I had to look it up.
JM didn't play in that 1st MLS Cup final. He may have played in finals in later years.
The 'Golden triangle 'players were, Marco Etcheverry (Bolivia), Alejandro Moreno (Venezuela), and Raul Diaz Arce (El Salvador)