Welcome Jesse Marsch

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Welcome Jesse Marsch

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Given the comments, ill advised IMHO, about the training regime under Marcelo Bielsa from Jesse Marsch, I am interested - not to say a little worried - about the condition that the players come back in for the next match after a "break" of some 15 days. Undoubtedly MB would have had the squad going full steam but perhaps Jesse Marsch has taken a different route? We have to wait until Monday to find out the lie of the land :think:
Keep The Faith / WAL
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

PhoenixUnited wrote:Given the comments, ill advised IMHO, about the training regime under Marcelo Bielsa from Jesse Marsch, I am interested - not to say a little worried - about the condition that the players come back in for the next match after a "break" of some 15 days. Undoubtedly MB would have had the squad going full steam but perhaps Jesse Marsch has taken a different route? We have to wait until Monday to find out the lie of the land :think:
The players have been in for training as usual though haven't they? TBH I can't see it all suddenly becoming too relaxed or the players having pot bellies from munching on too many Easter eggs and hot cross buns. Hope not anyway :D
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
PhoenixUnited wrote:Given the comments, ill advised IMHO, about the training regime under Marcelo Bielsa from Jesse Marsch, I am interested - not to say a little worried - about the condition that the players come back in for the next match after a "break" of some 15 days. Undoubtedly MB would have had the squad going full steam but perhaps Jesse Marsch has taken a different route? We have to wait until Monday to find out the lie of the land :think:
The players have been in for training as usual though haven't they? TBH I can't see it all suddenly becoming too relaxed or the players having pot bellies from munching on too many Easter eggs and hot cross buns. Hope not anyway :D
We have a very professional bunch of players who have run and played their socks off for us. They're not going to let us down I don't think. The job of the Head Coach / Manager is to put in place the arrangements to keep the players in peak condition so hopefully JM has all that in hand. Getting those things right is why they get the big bucks. I'm looking forward to Monday
Keep The Faith / WAL
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Jesse Marsch Leeds United Record

I’ll keep this updated for the length of Jesse’s stay at Leeds United....

1. Leicester City L 1-0
2. Aston Villa L 0-3
3. Norwich City W 2-1
4. Wolves W 2-3
5. Southampton D 1-1
6. Watford W 0-3
7. Crystal Palace D 0-0

P7 W3 D2 L2
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:Jesse Marsch Leeds United Record

1. Leicester City L 1-0
2. Aston Villa L 0-3
3. Norwich City W 2-1
4. Wolves W 2-3
5. Southampton D 1-1
6. Watford W 0-3
7. Crystal Palace D 0-0

P7 W3 D2 L2
Looks OK as an average and relate it to a full season would equate to a top half finish.
However as yet doesn't include any games against top 6 opponents so the jury is still out for me.

So 11pts from 7 games is just 1pt behind what Bielsas team did against the same opponents earlier in the season in the main without all his CBs and Kalvin.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Jesse Marsch Leeds United Record -

1. Leicester City (A) L 1-0
2. Aston Villa (H) L 0-3
3. Norwich City (H) W 2-1
4. Wolves (A) W 2-3
5. Southampton (H) D 1-1
6. Watford (A) W 0-3
7. Crystal Palace (A) D 0-0
8. Man City (H) L 0-4

P8 W3 D2 L3
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

My 8 year old grand son wrote to Jesse saying basically no matter what happens this season he will still be a supporter.. My daughter at his insistence send it to Elland Road. Imagine the surprise when today he’s received a reply. A signed A5 postcard type photo & on the bottom he’s written him a note. The address on the envelope is written in his hand. I’m impressed. I’d post a picture but the envelope has their address on it.
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I’ve just FaceTimed the big man & without me asking he’s showing me his letter. I think that’s him as Leeds fan for the rest of his life. I told him Scum, Chelsea or City wouldn’t have written back to him :D
He also mentioned his dad Mark in his letter.
https://ibb.co/PZbrKwm
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I’ve just FaceTimed the big man & without me asking he’s showing me his letter. I think that’s him as Leeds fan for the rest of his life. I told him Scum, Chelsea or City wouldn’t have written back to him :D
Brilliant that :clap: :clap: :clap:
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I’ve just FaceTimed the big man & without me asking he’s showing me his letter. I think that’s him as Leeds fan for the rest of his life. I told him Scum, Chelsea or City wouldn’t have written back to him :D
Fantastic stuff :clap: :clap: