2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Barlow Boy »

blackbox2342 wrote: 23 Aug 2022, 06:13 On the BBC Gossip page this morning
Tottenham are interested in signing 24-year-old Leeds and Wales forward Daniel James. (Alan Nixon, via Leeds Live)
That’s got to be a wind up.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Barlow Boy wrote: 23 Aug 2022, 08:17
blackbox2342 wrote: 23 Aug 2022, 06:13 On the BBC Gossip page this morning
Tottenham are interested in signing 24-year-old Leeds and Wales forward Daniel James. (Alan Nixon, via Leeds Live)
That’s got to be a wind up.
I'll drive him there myself. Maybe that opens the door then for a new winger, Pulisic loan perhaps?
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

HalifaxWhite wrote: 23 Aug 2022, 08:49
I'll drive him there myself.
Oh dear some people really don't know the meaning of the word supporter.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

The Fonz wrote: 23 Aug 2022, 09:56
Some people don't understand humour and the fact you can support a player whilst still acknowledging that they aren't actually that good.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

HalifaxWhite wrote: 23 Aug 2022, 11:21
The Fonz wrote: 23 Aug 2022, 09:56
Some people don't understand humour and the fact you can support a player whilst still acknowledging that they aren't actually that good.
I find Dan James a frustrating player and I'm cradle to the grave behind Leeds and willing him on when he gets an opening. Great pace which should be scaring defenders more, but doesn't back himself to beat a player often enough for me and too little end product. I'm not against ex-Man U players either - Strachan is easily in the Top 5 players I've seen play live and I hear Johnny Giles was half decent too! :-)
Tedbaker
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Tedbaker »

Dan James is part of the pressing unit and is a pest. He also is scarily quick, so it’s difficult to play a high line against him, it is rare to find wingers like Dan and Jack who play for the team. His touch is not great and he is not a great finisher but I think he still adds a lot. With Brenden and Rodrigo, the pressing was phenomenal against Chelsea.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Tedbaker wrote: 23 Aug 2022, 17:44 Dan James is part of the pressing unit and is a pest. He also is scarily quick, so it’s difficult to play a high line against him, it is rare to find wingers like Dan and Jack who play for the team. His touch is not great and he is not a great finisher but I think he still adds a lot. With Brenden and Rodrigo, the pressing was phenomenal against Chelsea.
Good point Ted and its a massive part of our set up.
He just seems to be one or two people's regular scapegoat but that is their perogative.

Dan played his part against Chelsea. As I said in other threads was up high in the east stand which gives a big picture of the movements.
Quite often when Rodrigo or Aaronson were pressing their CBs Dan along with Jack H & Tyler were pressing the players that would have been the out ball. It's the fact it is all synchronised, you all press or you don't.
The pressing both the ball and the players without the ball was very much one of the keys to our result.

I'll add for those that clearly missed it that it was Dan still making forward runs late in the game that was a significant in our 3rd goal, got away on the left and composed himself before putting in a excellent cross.

Not claiming he was our stand out man but he very much played his part in what was a great team performance.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Tedbaker
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Tedbaker »

I think part of the reason why Sinisterra hasn’t had more game time is because they know that he wouldn’t be as good defensively as Dan. Marsch’s philosophy is all about the press which is not an attribute associated usually with more gifted players. Tbf Raph had both which is rare.
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

Sinisterra was also carrying a minor injury When the Season started. He need time.
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

All quiet on transfer fronts. Really hope we sign a striker but I have a feeling we are not going to.