2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Polkadot »

Big interview with Radz in Athletic, Jack stays:

As for Jack Harrison to Newcastle United, Radrizzani kills the link stone-dead. “Absolutely not,” he says. “There is no way. Jack stays here.”
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Polkadot wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 07:10 Big interview with Radz in Athletic, Jack stays:

As for Jack Harrison to Newcastle United, Radrizzani kills the link stone-dead. “Absolutely not,” he says. “There is no way. Jack stays here.”
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Keep The Faith / WAL
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Not seen anything official yet but apparently Helder Costa has joined Al Ittihad in Saudi Arabia on a season long loan with a view to purchase at the end of the season.

https://twitter.com/ittimania/status/15 ... Htswn-gZkQ
Winner of the Europa League
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

NottinghamWhite wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 08:59 Not seen anything official yet but apparently Helder Costa has joined Al Ittihad in Saudi Arabia on a season long loan with a view to purchase at the end of the season.

https://twitter.com/ittimania/status/15 ... Htswn-gZkQ
Good stuff - wish him well. He got a lot of stick for not quite living up to his price tag, but still played an important role in getting us promoted.

Great news about Harrison staying, and I'm happy enough with Robles - I assume it's more about the right personality as a mentor for Meslier and van Heuvel than it is about the back up GK being a world-beater.

Just come across another rumoured ST - Bamba Dieng from Marseille. Unreliable sources, but apparently its us, Newcastle and West Ham competing for him.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Back up keeper due to sign in the next week Joel Robles Blazquez.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Robles would be an excellent addition and provide the experience we need for Meslier, will only be beneficial, imo. As for JH staying - even better news. Forget about a LB coming in, just won't happen, imo. Firpo is due back in a few weeks and we have Struijk, Hjelde and Dallas later on in the year. As for a ST, I think they won't bother with that either unless Bamford gets injured between now and the end of the transfer window
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

DominanceUK wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 11:05 Robles would be an excellent addition and provide the experience we need for Meslier, will only be beneficial, imo. As for JH staying - even better news. Forget about a LB coming in, just won't happen, imo. Firpo is due back in a few weeks and we have Struijk, Hjelde and Dallas later on in the year. As for a ST, I think they won't bother with that either unless Bamford gets injured between now and the end of the transfer window
Appreciate I sound like a stuck record, but Struijk is not the answer at LB for me.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Barlow Boy wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 11:37
DominanceUK wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 11:05 Robles would be an excellent addition and provide the experience we need for Meslier, will only be beneficial, imo. As for JH staying - even better news. Forget about a LB coming in, just won't happen, imo. Firpo is due back in a few weeks and we have Struijk, Hjelde and Dallas later on in the year. As for a ST, I think they won't bother with that either unless Bamford gets injured between now and the end of the transfer window
Appreciate I sound like a stuck record, but Struijk is not the answer at LB for me.
Totally agree just think the club feels it's an option we have
NIK MOT
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by NIK MOT »

PhoenixUnited wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 08:52
Polkadot wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 07:10 Big interview with Radz in Athletic, Jack stays:

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Hallelujah to that!
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

DominanceUK wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 11:41
Barlow Boy wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 11:37
Totally agree just think the club feels it's an option we have
Listening to what Jesse said about transfers in the Wolves presser and joining the dots with a few other comments that have been made in the press, I don't think we're going to see any more incomings now after Robles comes in.

GK - was the "next week" deal he mentioned and we know it's Robles
LB - whatever we think they're obviously happy that Struijk can cover it until Firpo is fit and Dallas comes back, they're not going to recruit in this position
Striker - I have heard a few comments about Sonny Perkins blowing them away in training, Rodrigo doing better and Jesse being happy with him, Bamford looking close to fully fit and sharp enough, and Joffy on form in pre-season - I think they're going to decide to wait

I think that's it for our business this summer once Robles comes in, I'm not sure I agree with it but I think that's how it's going to play out now.

Delighted to hear Jack is staying though!