2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Scott
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Scott »

As much as I think a striker would be a good move in this window, I’d rather stick with what we have than sign Che Adams. Not a fan of his really and not the quality of player we need if we’re going to improve our standing in the league.
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

Looks like Sarr to Leeds has real legs right now. Being reported everywhere it is close. I like him although he killed me the other night missing a pen. (The goal he scored was pretty good though)

Agree with everyone on Adams. I don't want him personally.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Scott wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 15:32 As much as I think a striker would be a good move in this window, I’d rather stick with what we have than sign Che Adams. Not a fan of his really and not the quality of player we need if we’re going to improve our standing in the league.
It's an interesting stand point. If we want to improve our standing and are seeking a player of say a quality equal or higher than Patrick Bamford then two questions arise - first are we seeking to replace PB or someone to provide cover from time to time and second do we have the kind of finance to get a player of the quality and stature we want. Let's forget that that kind of expensive player might think that Leeds United can't give him what he is looking for e.g. big, big wages and trophies and European football.

Personally, I think it is a case of providing the experienced cover and relief for Patrick Bamford and also someone who at times will have to be overlooked so that young Joe Gelhardt can get his opportunities to grow and develop. The budget for that should not exceed £15m. Not sure what you can get for that kind of money in the current market.
Keep The Faith / WAL
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Adams would be a good option as alternative to Bamford as they are different types of player. Adams is well established for a reasonable Prem team and he's a Scottish international. Not the greatest finisher but he has qualities which make him a hard proposition for defenders to handle. He's certainly a better option than Rodrigo in attack for us, IMHO, and he grafts more too.
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

corkleedsmot wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 16:17 Looks like Sarr to Leeds has real legs right now. Being reported everywhere it is close. I like him although he killed me the other night missing a pen. (The goal he scored was pretty good though)

Agree with everyone on Adams. I don't want him personally.
Sarr would be an exciting signing if it happens.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Another Northern Soul wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 17:02 Adams would be a good option as alternative to Bamford as they are different types of player. Adams is well established for a reasonable Prem team and he's a Scottish international. Not the greatest finisher but he has qualities which make him a hard proposition for defenders to handle. He's certainly a better option than Rodrigo in attack for us, IMHO, and he grafts more too.
With you on that :thumbup:
Keep The Faith / WAL
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

I dont quite understand why Sarr is a good option. He is a winger, isn’t he? With Harrison and Sinistierra as options on the left and Aaronson, James and Summerville on the right we are well covered I believe. It has to mean Summerville will be sent out on loan.

Paying 10-15m for Adams makes more sense than paying 25m for Sarr when I look at the squad we have.
awost1
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by awost1 »

blackbox2342 wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 12:52 Quite a few outlets reporting we have made a move for £6mil rated Ecuador and Los Angeles FC midfielder Jose Cifuentes. Possible replacement for Klich if he goes.
Zero chance they sell him in the middle of a title hunt when they can just sell him in January at a potentially inflated rate if he does well at the cup.
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

The clickbait rumours are increasing in noise levels as the end of the window approaches, fairly predictable press behaviour.

If we sign another forward I wouldn't be at all surprised if its someone that wasn't on anyones radar, Orta still has the capacity to occasionally surprise.
Tedbaker
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Tedbaker »

Yes he scored ‘that goal’ the other night, but Sarr looked destinctly average in a very poor Watford side that the Baggies dominated. The best Watford player on show to my mind was Joao Pedro who worked harder and looked a much more athletic unit. Dennis barely touched the ball. I’m not excited at all by Sarr. He didn’t look as if he had the right attitude.