Injuries 2022-2023

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Injuries 2022-2023

Post by Selby White »

The Fonz wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 19:06
DominanceUK wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 12:23 I was willing to see what Firpo could do this season but yet again another huge set back for the lad. LB now has to take full priority. Davis simply won't cut it at this level imo, Hjelde is another one who seems to pick up a lot of niggling injuries too. Incidently he is out of tomorrow's game vs Brisbane Roar as is Cooper.
Agree with you regards to been happy to give Firpo a chance and have doubts about Davies (hope he proves me wrong).
Hjelde however I think is a special talent but at 18 I don't think should be playing every week, needs to be eased in.
For me our option is to play Struijk at LB I rate Pascal and it would strengthen us at set plays having 3 CBs on the pitch. Marsch brought him on for Firpo against Brighton and he scored the equaliser from LB. Give it a go for me may turn out a good move, he may just be the player for the job.

I also recall reading when researching our new players that Adams can play FB, not sure if that is true.
If as I believe Sinisterra will play on the left I think a more defensive LB such as Pascal or Leo is a very good idea. :thumbup:

Alternately I wouldn't be shocked at us using Jack & Dan on the left and rotating them between FB & Wing.
Both have been used at FB in the past but will add it wouldn't be my Preffered option.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
superfox
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by superfox »

This thread will be lively in the upcoming season too. Today so far: Sinisterra and Forshaw.
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

superfox wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 11:48 This thread will be lively in the upcoming season too. Today so far: Sinisterra and Forshaw.
Sinisterra has a bit of an injury record, let's hope this isn't an omen.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Still haven't heard anything regarding the injury to Sinisterra. I'm assuming JM will shed some light on it tomorrow prior to the game on Sun. Had a look around but can't find anything about it. Anyone know anything?
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

The walking wounded are Dallas, Cooper, Sinisterra, Forshaw, Ayling & Firpo.
All progressing well according to JM.
Winner of the Europa League
John Dane
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by John Dane »

Great and informative video with Rob Price with status of all our injured players on the LUFC app.