Thanks Kalvin

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Thanks Kalvin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Agreed terms with Manchester City. Good luck to him I say :clap:
Winner of the Europa League
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Re: Thanks Kalvin

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

I hope he has a lot of success there, he deserves the chance to fulfil his potential and win things.

Gutted to see him go but he'll always be one of us.
whitedancer
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by whitedancer »

I do agree
But still a bitter pill to swallow :(
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

It was inevitable but he’s joined Manchester City & hopefully he win things. He’s going to make himself financially secure. Sadly he will never now achieve Legend status.
Winner of the Europa League
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

I wish he could stay but fully understand his choice - He is a very humble guy - 10 years ago he would have just dreamed about playing for Leeds - Then to get the chance to play for England and Leeds in the PL would have been beyond any dream - Not many leave ER with dignity and a good farewell message - I hope his career prospers both with England and Citeh - My daughter has KP and 23 on her shirt and I told her she can still wear that shirt with pride

Thanks for everything KP and I know at heart he is all Leeds
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Thx KP, as others said I don't begrudge you going. I wish you all the best. You've come on leaps and bounds, fulfill your potential. Look forward to seeing what Pep can do with you. Leeds always MOT
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Hard to take but good luck KP but not against us. You're Leeds and you know you are.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

Not many nice/good comments from many morons on the BBC comments page about KP going to Citeh - I sincerely hope it works out for him - He appears to have a well balanced attitude
Ricardo Da Lepp
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Ricardo Da Lepp »

Disappointing but inevitable. It seems another link to the Bielsa era has been lost now.

A year ago what would he have been worth I wonder, as the stand-out player of the Euro 2020 tournament.

But then he hardly played for us last season, and we struggled without him. Under Marsch it seems his role - so key under Marcelo Bielsa - does not exist, or is at least less integral to the way we will play.

As it is, the reported fee is £45 million with Darko Gyabi reportedly joining Leeds.

What this may mean is there is now less pressure to sell Raphinha, and if he does also depart it is unlikely to be for less than his full value.
The last Waltz
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by The last Waltz »

I stood in the middle of a pitch @ Ed Sheeran a couple of weeks ago, and felt sad as looked around the magnificent Etihad stadium; as knew that in Kalvin's be position I would make the decision to join city. Im not sure it’s the right one for him, but he has to give it a go.

Whilst I’m not sure that bielsa hasn’t already had the best out of him; £45m is far too low a value for our talisman. We never seem to rinse teams acquiring out talent.

I said last season the price of not investing in the team would eventually be the loss of Philips & Raph. I fear for us next season, I just feel we’ve lost all our momentum. Radz had the opportunity to get out with a real legacy passing on the club to QSI, who would have us competing with a city, instead he chose the best financial option for himself rather than the club.

Another sad day, but feels better than losing Jordan, McQueen, Cantona, Batty, Smith & Cooke!

It hammers home to me the value in Bielsa. Realistically we’re not at the races in the premiership, we’re only there to make up the numbers. In that case; I’d rather be watching a team of average players playing at their absolute maximum, delivering a hugely exciting brand of football.