Thanks Kalvin

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Thanks Kalvin

Post by Selby White »

Although I wish him well for what he has done for the team in the last 4 years can't hide the fact I'm gutted we've lost a key player that was one of our own.
Feels very much like when we sold David Batty realising his value to the team and couldn't find a suitable replacement (ended up spending the Batty money on Charlton Palmer :roll:)
To me it's the fact since our return to the Prem that we score more and conceded less with Kalvin on the pitch that scares me.
It was certainly a fact with MB not checked if its the same in the few games under JM.
We need to find the answer to playing without him quick, this is a big gamble.

Can also understand the transfer given he's likely to be at peak value at 27years and given his recent injury record. One of excellent statistic posters recently showed on the forum how he's played less each season over the last four. Apologies can't recall who it was.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Like everyone else I’m disappointed that he’s gone but it was always going to happen. Personally I felt he lost a little of his form after that last injury. If the fee goes up to £50m I’ll be happy enough with that given his injuries of late. He will win trophies at City of that make no mistake and he won’t be in a constant relegation scrap. I wish him well with both Manchester City and of course England.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

Re: Dorigo letter
When I saw that I thought the club has asked Dorigo to write that to help fans undrrstand the sale and get them onside. Dorigo strikes me as a corporate type who knows which side his bread is buttered and would be ok to be used in the game. Should have stated a price for KP and held out for that. 60m IMO. Disappointed with the price but last season has hit that ... a year older and more injuries.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Luckily no one is directly blaming KP on his move on here unlike social media which is akin to a cess pit. Having slept on this he will more than likely be doubling his salary, guaranteeing winning trophies he would never have won here & he’s only moving an hour away on the M62. He will be a bench warmer & this is the sad bit that a team like City can pay £42m for him to be nothing more than back up.
Winner of the Europa League
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Love the lad and wish him personally the best of luck. Professionally, I don't care what he does at City now but hope he excels for England. I doubt it though, I think we've seen his best games here at Leeds, the season we went up and our first season in the PL.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

The last Waltz wrote: It hammers home to me the value in Bielsa. Realistically we’re not at the races in the premiership, we’re only there to make up the numbers. In that case; I’d rather be watching a team of average players playing at their absolute maximum, delivering a hugely exciting brand of football.
This :clap: :clap: :clap:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Another Northern Soul wrote:I think we've seen his best games here at Leeds, the season we went up and our first season in the PL.

I have to agree with that in my post I made a similar suggestion in my above post. Same as we saw the best of Ferdinand before he joined Scum.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

ChilwellWhite wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:I think we've seen his best games here at Leeds, the season we went up and our first season in the PL.

I have to agree with that in my post I made a similar suggestion in my above post. Same as we saw the best of Ferdinand before he joined Scum.
I hated RF for that and still don't like the bloke now, the media have invented a halo for him. Daft thing is, though he won lots of stuff there, I think you're right as he was played simply as a blocker centre-half, and he had tons more ability than that.

But anyway, Leeds' style of play under Marsch wasn't favourable to KP's style. I mean, the ER pitch was narrowed as soon as he arrived.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

Thank You Kalvin but still wished you had stayed.

Sad but true loyalty doesn't exist anymore but I do think of the Paul Madeley contract story when Jimmy Armfield (think it was Jimmy) asked how much he wanted for him to reply "i will leave it to you I only want to play for Leeds" .
I think of Lucas Radebe who opted to stay at Leeds rather than a big money deal to Scum as wanted to be loyal to those that gave him his chance.

Kalvin will always be thought of fondly and one of ours in the same way we love James Milner & David Batty but he has chosen to opt out of the chance to be a true Leeds legend and maybe one day have a stand, bar or even a statue in his name. Need to be a one club great for that.

Believe the odds on him leaving increased 10 fold with MB's sacking.
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

I also say "Thank you Kalvin, and good luck for the future."