Prices

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Prices

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Ran out of milk this morning so popped down to our local Tesco mini market. Last time I bought a 4 pint semi skimmed it was a £1 this morning it was £1:35 a 35% increase blooming heck that’s some hike in price. Anyone else noticed increases ?
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Prices

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Clearly fuel, electricity and gas are up there and when things revert to normal we won’t see any decrease in prices. 35% on milk smacks of shameless profiteering to me.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

ASs said fuel costs. I've been using the works electric car for a month now but I'm off this week so left it for someone else. Took my own car to the pump yesterday and put £40 (my standard amount) of diesel in. Just last month that would have taken me to near 3/4 full. Didn't even hit the half full mark.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Ran out of milk this morning so popped down to our local Tesco mini market. Last time I bought a 4 pint semi skimmed it was a £1 this morning it was £1:35 a 35% increase blooming heck that’s some hike in price. Anyone else noticed increases ?
Yes but when did you last buy it? Milk always seems to waver in price. I get it delivered and it works out v reasonably but even they have had to put prices up.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

We buy a 4 pint every week so that’s a 35% increase since last week.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

NottinghamWhite wrote:We buy a 4 pint every week so that’s a 35% increase since last week.
That's disgusting :thumbdown:
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Our weekly shop seems to have gone up by about two thirds :shock: Also, just check out the sizes of the packages you buy - cereals for example seem to be shrinking by the week and prices for same edging up
For years the missus and I have formed a habit of picking up some food item for a few quid and dropping it into a charity box near the exit of the supermarket. Have had to raise the expenditure for that so that we can donate something worthwhile
Keep The Faith / WAL
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Our fellas dog chews have gone up from £1 to £1.30. Diesel at 1.98 now.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Not really noticed other items but I was saying the other week what value milk was at £1:00 or £1:05 as I say it’s now £1:35 so what else have they put up without any warning ? I’ve seen inflation in the past but nothing like this. :roll:
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Long story but a little earlier we couldn’t be bothered cooking so went to our local fish n chip shop and 2 small cods were £9:90 . That’s a lot in my eyes.