2022/23 home kit revealed

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Scott
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Re: 2022/23 home kit revealed

Post by Scott »

Another Northern Soul wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 09:56 I had a good whinge about the charcoal grey kit with pink sponsor logo etc on, in fact I think a few of us did on here as we had managed (bribed :P ) Angus Kinnear in to a guest interview. For all the negatives about that kit, it was the club's best seller by far, and I think this new one might be too. And that is all they're concerned with, not whether a design is universally popular, just that it sells well.

For the record, I grew to really like the bus seat away kit. Thing is, I'm a grown man, too grown tummy-wise :P , so I won't be buying or wearing a new kit ever, so I'm not really worked up about it. Now, if it had red in, that would be a different story!
The grey/pink kit and the bus seat kit were two of my favourites from recent years. The grey and pink one in particular was top class. Maybe this one will grow on me..but I can’t see it. They’ve tried to go trendy, but they’ve not leaned into it enough for me.
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

That grey and pink kit was really surprisingly good, I really liked it.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

CheeznOnionPasty wrote: 04 Aug 2022, 21:41 That grey and pink kit was really surprisingly good, I really liked it.
Same here
Keep The Faith / WAL
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Different strokes and all that, but my main requirement for any Leeds kits is to try and remember that we are best known for wearing white, yellow or blue, they are our team colours after all. Using non-Leeds linked (or Yorkshire) colours is just not something I can really warm to. The lilac kit's decent enough so it's not that I have any colour prejudices, I would just prefer white, yellow or blue.
gilesdriveby
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by gilesdriveby »

Sorry ANS came across a fellow Leeds supporter wearing the lilac strip and didn’t do anything for me. The black and pink strip which I initially hated sort of grew on me. As you say everyone has different tastes
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

Another Northern Soul wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 11:57 Different strokes and all that, but my main requirement for any Leeds kits is to try and remember that we are best known for wearing white, yellow or blue, they are our team colours after all. Using non-Leeds linked (or Yorkshire) colours is just not something I can really warm to. The lilac kit's decent enough so it's not that I have any colour prejudices, I would just prefer white, yellow or blue.
I do agree ANS, I'd prefer we stuck to white, yellow and blue for the home and away strips, if we have to play with other colours I'd rather they kept the experimentation to the third strip.