Loan Player Watch

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Re: Loan Player Watch

Post by Polkadot »

Another Northern Soul wrote: 22 Aug 2022, 16:48
Polkadot wrote: 22 Aug 2022, 14:36
Selby White wrote: 22 Aug 2022, 11:55 5 players out on loan and played 90min between them this weekend.
Roberts got 70min, Shacks 20min while Cresswell, Bate & McKinstry were all unused subs.
Makes you wonder if they would develop better in our u21s and training with our first team.
Cresswell and Shacks both started the first 4 games before they got benched against Norwich this weekend. If we come to the end of the season and they have started close to 80% of the league games (as they have so far) that is a great number of games for them.
Roberts seems to play regularly. Bate has been involved in 4 out of 5 games so far.
McKinstry was came to Motherwell like 3-4 days before the game. Give him a little bit of time.
It's way to premature to start doubting the loan policy this year.
He wasn't doubting the loan policy, he was wondering about it, there is a difference.
Ah, must be some langual mixup. Because translating the words doubting and wondering to norwegian those are connected. Like you wouldn't "wonder" about something if there is no doubting in bottom.
Let me repharse: it's way premature to start wondering about the loan policy and not enough game time.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Polkadot wrote: 22 Aug 2022, 16:56
Another Northern Soul wrote: 22 Aug 2022, 16:48
Polkadot wrote: 22 Aug 2022, 14:36
Selby White wrote: 22 Aug 2022, 11:55 5 players out on loan and played 90min between them this weekend.
Roberts got 70min, Shacks 20min while Cresswell, Bate & McKinstry were all unused subs.
Makes you wonder if they would develop better in our u21s and training with our first team.
Cresswell and Shacks both started the first 4 games before they got benched against Norwich this weekend. If we come to the end of the season and they have started close to 80% of the league games (as they have so far) that is a great number of games for them.
Roberts seems to play regularly. Bate has been involved in 4 out of 5 games so far.
McKinstry was came to Motherwell like 3-4 days before the game. Give him a little bit of time.
It's way to premature to start doubting the loan policy this year.
He wasn't doubting the loan policy, he was wondering about it, there is a difference.
Ah, must be some langual mixup. Because translating the words doubting and wondering to norwegian those are connected. Like you wouldn't "wonder" about something if there is no doubting in bottom.
Let me repharse: it's way premature to start wondering about the loan policy and not enough game time.
So you are still treating wondering as the same meaning as doubting?
Polkadot

Post by Polkadot »

You mean that wondering about something has nothing to do with thinking it's not perfect?

I mean, it doesn't mean much difference if the word [ wondering / doubting / questioning / speculating / reflecting on / thinking ] about are being used, when they are used in the context of the young players not getting game time this weekend. Whatever word you want to use, it's too early to be [wondering / doubting / questioning / speculating / reflecting on / thinking about] that in the context of sending players out on loan or letting them stay with the U21s.
Last edited by Polkadot on 22 Aug 2022, 17:14, edited 1 time in total.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Polkadot wrote: 22 Aug 2022, 17:07 You mean that wondering about something has nothing to do with thinking it's not perfect?
Do you know what a wind-up is? Well you must as I think you're trying to do it to me :D

Your English is infinitely better than my Norwegian.

As it wasn't my comment originally, all I can say is that when I 'wonder' about a matter, it means I am considering how it would turn out and prospects of it being successful or not - I am not, therefore, doubting it :thumbup:

Cheers and goodnight :thumbup:
Polkadot

Post by Polkadot »

Okay thanks for explaining the word to me.
My point is the same and it's about the context of lack of game time:
It's too early to use the (lack of) game time these players got this weekend in any meaningful way for any process of thought (doesn't matter if it's wondering / doubting / questioning / speculating / reflecting on / thinking), for the reasons I gave in my first post.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Polkadot wrote: 22 Aug 2022, 17:29 Okay thanks for explaining the word to me.
My point is the same and it's about the context of lack of game time:
It's too early to use the (lack of) game time these players got this weekend in any meaningful way for any process of thought (doesn't matter if it's wondering / doubting / questioning / speculating / reflecting on / thinking), for the reasons I gave in my first post.
No, you clearly implied in your first post when quoting SW - perhaps not as condescendingly as it reads to me (I apologise if I got it wrong) - that he was casting doubt on the loan of certain players rather than keeping them here to train with the first team. THAT is what I was commenting on, your implying that it was way 'to' premature of him to start doubting the loan policy.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Well looking at the loans the one I'm most concerned about is Cresswell given our current situation.
We have so far this season has 3 fit senior CBs but are using them all with Struijk playing LB and may actually stay there aa many see him better than our only true LB.
Until Cooper returns our only option is Hjelde (not even got Ayling to call upon) good lad but little experience and pleased he is around the first team but another injury would leave us exposed.
Our current u21s don't really come into it the lads they are playing are very young and not yet ready for senior football imho.
Cresswell has been captain of our U23's and been around our first team squad for much longer.
If we are putting potential future first teamers out for loan to lower leagues we have to balance the benefit they will get against training with Premier players along with their usefulness aa a squad member (cover injuries).
To get benefit they need regular game time for their temporary club.
Have noticed a lot of time any of them have started the have been subbed. Not seen the games so can't judge whether it's because they are not performing, running out of steam or just the easy option for the manager (keep his own happy).
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Selby White wrote: 23 Aug 2022, 06:59 Well looking at the loans the one I'm most concerned about is Cresswell given our current situation.
We have so far this season has 3 fit senior CBs but are using them all with Struijk playing LB and may actually stay there aa many see him better than our only true LB.
Until Cooper returns our only option is Hjelde (not even got Ayling to call upon) good lad but little experience and pleased he is around the first team but another injury would leave us exposed.
Our current u21s don't really come into it the lads they are playing are very young and not yet ready for senior football imho.
Cresswell has been captain of our U23's and been around our first team squad for much longer.
If we are putting potential future first teamers out for loan to lower leagues we have to balance the benefit they will get against training with Premier players along with their usefulness aa a squad member (cover injuries).
Have noticed a lot of time any of them have started the have been subbed. Not seen the games so can't judge whether it's because they are not performing, running out of steam or just the easy option for the manager (keep his own happy).
I suspect Shackleton and Roberts won't play for our first team again but with Shacks in particular, I hope I'm wrong. With respect to Cresswell, I do think it was a good move for him to go to millwall and if he's under-performing, or over-tired, and getting subbed then that's also good experience. That's an interesting comment about loanees being easy options for substitutions, SW, I like that :thumbup:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Another Northern Soul wrote: 23 Aug 2022, 07:14
Selby White wrote: 23 Aug 2022, 06:59 Well looking at the loans the one I'm most concerned about is Cresswell given our current situation.
I suspect Shackleton and Roberts won't play for our first team again but with Shacks in particular, I hope I'm wrong. With respect to Cresswell, I do think it was a good move for him to go to millwall and if he's under-performing, or over-tired, and getting subbed then that's also good experience. That's an interesting comment about loanees being easy options for substitutions, SW, I like that :thumbup:
ANS,
Not sure you can help but I can't find info anywhere whether there are call back options with any of the loans. Hope we don't need it but you never know.
Are you aware of any ?
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Selby White wrote: 23 Aug 2022, 07:35
Another Northern Soul wrote: 23 Aug 2022, 07:14
ANS,
Not sure you can help but I can't find info anywhere whether there are call back options with any of the loans. Hope we don't need it but you never know.
Are you aware of any ?
Not aware of any, I don't recall reading about any but that isn't to say there are no call back options in their terms. I think the writing was on the wall for Shackleton though with new signings at right-back and wing-back. I hope he's got a Leeds future but I imagine only Cresswell would have a call-back option for the reasons you've said, mate.