Charity Here I am Round 4

Engage in some light-hearted challenges to test your knowledge and wits
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Charity Here I am Round 4

Post by Davycc »

OK folks, a little earlier than expected. This months charity "Where Am I" starts now. As usual the first person to post the location of the words "Here I Am" in this thread will win a donation of £10 (it could be a little more) to the charity of their choice. I've added the words to the LUFCTALK Members Map but they are only viewable at street level so you need to know the exact location to win.

Clues will be posted at random intervals.

Clues
1. Once a place of great destruction I’d gulp because there’s little else now to show for it.
2. This place is associated with a certain slave.
3. Depending on your belief this site may have a connection for a certain religion.
4. If you knew about the fat lad you'd find it in part of him.
5. Sheep can be found all around Martin but he didn't mind them here, someone else did.
6. You’d need a particular set of skills to live around here.
7.Going to watch a Southampton FC game with George David and Andrew.
8. The history of a worldwide celebrated person will lead you to this location like many others have made their way.
9. This place is called a mountain but is really just a hill. Sometimes changing to terrain gives a new perspective.

The map https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=2609445#
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

OK folks, a little earlier than expected. This months charity "Where Am I" starts now. As usual the first person to post the location of the words "Here I Am" in this thread will win a donation of £10 (it could be a little more) to the charity of their choice. I've added the words to the LUFCTALK Members Map but they are only viewable at street level so you need to know the exact location to win.

Clues
1. Once a place of great destruction I’d gulp because there’s little else now to show for it.
3. Depending on your belief this site may have a connection for a certain religion.
5. Sheep can be found all around Martin but he didn't mind them here, someone else did.
8. The history of a worldwide celebrated person will lead you to this location like many others have made their way.
9. This place is called a mountain but is really just a hill. Sometimes changing to terrain gives a new perspective.
10. It would take a saint to live here while in slavery.

All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

I'm certain I have him and area from clue 2, but can I heck pinpoint it...
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Clues
11. Sometimes if I give him less information he can find this feature when changing the view on a map.

All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Clues
11. Sometimes if I give him less information he can find this feature when changing the view on a map.
12. Betwixt the place of Ferries and Gibraltars twin this place stands proud when viewed differently.

All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Not a clue as such but three of the clues are anagrams and clue 4 isn't one of them.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Change a setting on the map and a feature will stand out if you are anywhere near the location.

May have made this harder than I thought. Still it's for charity.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Found you Davy 😁

PM'd the location, in case anyone else wants to keep looking.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

kk white wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 19:12 Found you Davy 😁

Go ahead and say KK its only fair and in the rules.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Davycc wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 19:48
kk white wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 19:12 Found you Davy 😁

Go ahead and say KK its only fair and in the rules.
For God's sake, KK, please put us out of our misery. I have been going around in circles and I'm now sure I know nothing. :lol: