Expectations 2022-2023

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Expectations 2022-2023

Post by mapperleywhite »

The team that won promotion has undergone radical surgery either through transfers out or injuries. We start the season without the 1st, 2nd and 3rd captains, ie Cooper, Ayling, Dallas and IMHO I think this matters.

The statistics show that clubs making major changes in personnel are relegation candidates. On the other hand I think the long term contracts given to Sommerville, Greenwood and Joffy are excellent and they will all have their part to play this season.

Final position: 16th
Star performer(s): Koch, Greenwood
Top scorer: Bamford
Hopes/wishes: I hope Stuart Dallas makes a full recovery from an horrendous injury, his availability could be crucial to our survival.
Fears: Another injury crisis, a squeaky bum last game of the season and the Marsch recruits aren't good enough for the Premier League
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Ricardo Da Lepp
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Ricardo Da Lepp »

Final position: 12th
Star performer(s): Brenden Aaronson, Tyler Adams, Marc Roca.
Top scorer: Patrick Bamford
Hopes/wishes: A settled side, no injury crisis, and that we play as a coherent team, to a plan once more. I would also hope to see the progression of players like Joe Gelhardt and Archie Gray.
Fears: Patrick Bamford gets injured in the first 5 minutes against Wolves and isn't fully fit again all season. The system doesn't prove to be successful in the Premier League and it turns into another season of struggle and angst.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

ChilwellWhite wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 09:56

Top scorer: Rodrigo

So far so good. :wave: