Ken Bates leaves Leeds - ding dong the witch is dead

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Ken Bates leaves Leeds - ding dong the witch is dead

Post by isrodger »

Socrates wrote:I'm no fan of bates but just now he has come on talk sport and basically said that GFH have no money. I can't stand it...
He isn't going to call it as it is when he is on their gravy train to the tune of £300k per year.... He has never given an toss about us just himself pal. In fairness to bates, and let me put the politely (and there is no way I am defending him) ONS's version of events would itermate "privately" he has made it known about his reservations re GFH. Judging by their lack of activity in terms of financial investment, I would suggest his concerns are quite valid, although the words pot and kettle do spring to mind.
Wilfred Martin
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Wilfred Martin »

Well no, he didn't say they had no money, just that they hadn't invested any!!! Having said that, I share your concerns Socrates, that GFH have been "stitched up" by Bates on cashflow.
What a conniving, odious, unpalatable man he is. To sign a contract for hundreds of thousands of pounds, for his own personal benefit, three days before his tenure as chairman ends, without reference to the shareholders, is absolutely inexcusable. Should he ever set foot in Leeds again, then I suspect that his personal safety might be at risk from aggrieved supporters. It just confirms the supporters long-held view that he would milk this club dry at every opportunity. Whatever GFH do in the future, they will be applauded by 99.9 of true fans for realising that he is a cancer in this club, and swift, surgical removal was the best treatment. No doubt Sean Harvey was also aware of this contract, since it passed across his desk just days before his departure (Watch out for cheap luxury return flights to Monaco being advertised on Netflights.com to recoup some of the cost of the aforementioned contract!) It just strikes me that if all Bates was being paid was expenses, as he is no longer president, he won't incur any in the future!
We're on our way to....
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

The more I hear of Bates the happier I am that he has gone. He'll not go quietly evidently he wants a court case against GFH but at least this time he'll be funding his own battle. Can't believe that GFH have got rid of him without taking legal advice.

Good Riddance Bates.
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Would there be anywhere to hear the piece or to read a transcript re talk sport
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Wilfred Martin wrote:(Watch out for cheap luxury return flights to Monaco being advertised on Netflights.com to recoup some of the cost of the aforementioned contract!)
Every cloud.... That's a very good call wilf, wouldn't mind a weekend in monte Carlo.... Maybe we could visit our uncle ken!

....Just Imagine half time draw that allows gangs of Leeds fans to win a prize to visit the municipality every week, complete with guided tour of certain famous people's residences.... Finally a bit of payback!!! I am tweeting david Haigh as I type.
Wilfred Martin
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Wilfred Martin »

isrodger wrote:
Wilfred Martin wrote:(Watch out for cheap luxury return flights to Monaco being advertised on Netflights.com to recoup some of the cost of the aforementioned contract!)
Every cloud.... That's a very good call wilf, wouldn't mind a weekend in monte Carlo.... Maybe we could visit our uncle ken!

....Just Imagine half time draw that allows gangs of Leeds fans to win a prize to visit the municipality every week, complete with guided tour of certain famous people's residences.... Finally a bit of payback!!! I am tweeting david Haigh as I type.
A nice thought....
Maybe the club could arrange a friendly vs A.S. Monaco, so that all Leeds supporters could commemorate one of our finest victories (and I don't mean the match that included Tony Yeboah's magnificent hat-trick!)
We're on our way to....
+15
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by +15 »

Davycc wrote:Would there be anywhere to hear the piece or to read a transcript re talk sport
I am trying to upload now to YouTube but it failed. I am just about to retry. :thumbup:

My phone (HTC) decided to turn itself off.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

:thumbup: Great job as ever +15
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
greatwhiteshark
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by greatwhiteshark »

A late reaction from myself but when I heard the news I was ecstatic to say the least! :D

For anyone with a shred of sympathy for him, the measure of the man is evident from his whining, finger pointing and threats to sue GFH. This private jet business is yet another of his dodgy schemes with complete self interest and with no benefit to the club whatsoever. A horrible human being and I'm glad to finally see the back of him.

Well done to David Haigh and GFH for getting shot :clap:

A brighter future awaits this great club.
+15
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by +15 »

Davycc wrote::thumbup: Great job as ever +15
Now up in the video section. :thumbup: