Ken Bates leaves Leeds - ding dong the witch is dead

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Ken Bates leaves Leeds - ding dong the witch is dead

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

I think we should spare a moment of sympathy for all his supporters on here. :D
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

NottinghamWhite wrote:God I hate the man with a passion, eventually all his wrong doings will come out and even the biggest Bates apologists will see him for what he really is.
But there are merits in his business model.... As listed below....
saintjimmy
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by saintjimmy »

Hope he was just trying to stir up trouble with saying GFH were having problems paying the wages :wtf:
Deleted User 130

He was saying it last season, and not discreetly either. Remember a reliably reported boardroom incident at Man City in the FA Cup where he was allegedly very loud and taking the piss out of GFH for being skint and that he would be buying the club back for a quid or something? If I remember right, Haigh was in the same room. That Guardian report, if it's to be believed (they've been after him for ages) seems to imply that he's been sacked for fiddling expenses.

I thought saviours had wings, not private jets costing hundreds of £thousands.
isrodger

Post by isrodger »

saintjimmy wrote:Hope he was just trying to stir up trouble with saying GFH were having problems paying the wages :wtf:
No he wasn't but ... As Patel intermated at the initial press conference there is a significant hole in the cash flow,as a result of £5m of season ticket sales, last season and this being hawked off to ticketus. Additionally catering rights have been sold for £2m to compass for 5 seasons ( I think). Oh and there is the loan from enterprise insurance, the commitment to a broadcasting licence for yorks radio etc, now £500k for his private jet. GFH, in the round Inherited a £17m hole.... In fairness though they came into with their eyes open.
isrodger

Post by isrodger »

Didn't bates famously say if ex players wanted tickets of drinks they could pay for them.... Maybe rightly so. Private jets however are a different matter.

He is on talksport @ 4.30 ... Probably threatening to sue, however he won't as he had no one to pick up his legal fee anymore. Let's hope GFH sue him for breach of authority and breaking the confidentiality agreement.
Malcolm Stark
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Malcolm Stark »

I know as Leeds fans, you won't have much time for Chelsea, but you have to agree that their ex-players deserved better.

Peter Osgood was banned from the Bridge for many years while he was chairman, and Bates even had Ian Hutchinson thrown out of the stadium by security on one occasion.

Osgood was given an ambassadorial role at Chelsea after Abramovich took over.
Deleted User 130

Malcolm Stark wrote:I know as Leeds fans, you won't have much time for Chelsea, but you have to agree that their ex-players deserved better.

Peter Osgood was banned from the Bridge for many years while he was chairman, and Bates even had Ian Hutchinson thrown out of the stadium by security on one occasion.

Osgood was given an ambassadorial role at Chelsea after Abramovich took over.
We don't HAVE to do anything where Chelsea are concerned! You're right though :D
Socrates
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Socrates »

I'm no fan of bates but just now he has come on talk sport and basically said that GFH have no money. I can't stand it...