Kiko Casilla

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Re: Kiko Casilla

Post by Otherworld »

Costy wrote:
Otherworld wrote:
Costy wrote:I've read most of that report and it's still not definitive. They said he said it, he said he didn't, the FA go with the accusers. Very difficult to know what to make of it all and how the 'evidence' was collected and interpreted. If he said it he deserves everything he gets. I suppose only the three players involved will ever truly know. Such a disappointment that the club once again has bad publicity to deal with.
The FA reached their conclusions based on their impressions of the witnesses. The 2 Charlton players came across as mostly honest and reliable witnesses, Kiko and Grice came across as liars.
Not for one second condoning racism of any kind and like I said, if he did say it then he deserves his ban and never to play for us again. But I do question how witnesses come across as being a deciding factor.
If that evidence was presented to a jury for a decision in a criminal case, they would make that decision based mostly on the veracity of the witnesses, by which side they believed. That’s pretty much what the FA have done here...
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Polkadot wrote:
mapperleywhite wrote:I'm wondering where Casilla learnt those appalling words.
He was essentially a non-English speaker when he arrived at the club so between January last year and now he's learnt them from somewhere.
It's not pleasant to speculate on the source of the learning.......
I don't know, these kind of word are being used in a lot of rap music and it comes up in a lot of movies and TV-shows, often used by afroamericans about their friends etc (but also used a lot in historical movies where it's easier to understand that the context of using the word is very negative, for example in the very famous movie Djangoo Unchained where the N-word is used about 110 times) and if you learn these kind of words in that context it can easily go very, very wrong when used in real life later.
I hear what you are saying mate. But, honestly, I can't imagine Casilla listening to rap, movies or TV in English.

A reminder that Mrs MW's mother tongue is Spanish and, after 13 years together, I'm quite confident about knowing her tastes in media :lol:
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Otherworld wrote:
Otherworld wrote:So, it would appear that what Casilla was charged with saying was considerably worse than ‘Mark the black guy’. If he said what was alleged, I doubt we’ll see him again in a Leeds shirt, and I won’t be sorry to see him go.

If it’s not true, it’s been a massive stitch up. I guess we’ll only know the truth if the club decides to appeal. If they don’t, it’s probably an admission that Kiko did say ‘You f***ing n****r’.
Having read further, it appears that Kiko’s defence was based on the assertion that he had never heard the word ‘n****r’ and didn’t know what it meant. I’m afraid that I don’t believe that, and I don’t want him playing for Leeds United again.

Also, I think the club should bear some significant responsibility in this matter. To continue to defend him in the light of these facts, is not right.

A sad time for us all, there are no winners here.

This isn't true about his defence. Messages from Tyler Roberts to Leko were used and these were when Roberts asked KC what Happened and replied to Leko saying he said what is your f***** name.

Leko and TR are good friends apparently from youth days.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

That isn't me defending him BTW. Just saying what I read, tried to find the article but lost it on my feed, it was from Football insider I think.

Either way he needs to go now anyway. Mud sticks.
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

HalifaxWhite wrote:
Otherworld wrote:
Otherworld wrote:So, it would appear that what Casilla was charged with saying was considerably worse than ‘Mark the black guy’. If he said what was alleged, I doubt we’ll see him again in a Leeds shirt, and I won’t be sorry to see him go.

If it’s not true, it’s been a massive stitch up. I guess we’ll only know the truth if the club decides to appeal. If they don’t, it’s probably an admission that Kiko did say ‘You f***ing n****r’.
Having read further, it appears that Kiko’s defence was based on the assertion that he had never heard the word ‘n****r’ and didn’t know what it meant. I’m afraid that I don’t believe that, and I don’t want him playing for Leeds United again.

Also, I think the club should bear some significant responsibility in this matter. To continue to defend him in the light of these facts, is not right.

A sad time for us all, there are no winners here.

This isn't true about his defence. Messages from Tyler Roberts to Leko were used and these were when Roberts asked KC what Happened and replied to Leko saying he said what is your f***** name.

Leko and TR are good friends apparently from youth days.
Have you read the document?
Palpatan
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Palpatan »

Read it. Shocking defence.

It's not the end of the world if he never plays for us again.

Not good enough for the Prem, for sure.
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

It really doesn't reflect well in the written reasons. It's a tough one to call as there is no concrete evidence either way but it's easy to see why the FA called it the way they did.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Palpatan wrote: Not good enough for the Prem, for sure.
This isn't relative to be fair.

This is about being judged on what was said and what he is guilty of not opinions on playing ability.

Two totally different things although appreciate both may result in the same outcome in many peoples eyes.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

If he has used that language then he is a F***ing imbecile. If i hadn't said it, i would go to the ends of the earth to prove my innocents, wouldn't you? its a damning indictment. It may be a culture thing for black people but he's not black. Ron Atkinson was never seen again after his incident and he had helped many black players in his managerial career. He either fights to clear his name, or goes home, i don't think there is any middle ground on this.

I'm not buying the language barrier excuse, if he didn't know what it meant it would be pointless saying it. Its the intent that bothers me. He may have grown up calling his friends it at school in Spain but learn the customs of the country you are in.
Sovietmule
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Sovietmule »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:If he has used that language then he is a F***ing imbecile. If i hadn't said it, i would go to the ends of the earth to prove my innocents, wouldn't you? its a damning indictment. It may be a culture thing for black people but he's not black. Ron Atkinson was never seen again after his incident and he had helped many black players in his managerial career. He either fights to clear his name, or goes home, i don't think there is any middle ground on this.

I'm not buying the language barrier excuse, if he didn't know what it meant it would be pointless saying it. Its the intent that bothers me. He may have grown up calling his friends it at school in Spain but learn the customs of the country you are in.
The report makes very depressing reading. Both KC and MG have done themselves and the club a grave disservice. The evidence points to them both being abject liars and being caught out.

For me, both of their positions are untenable and they need to go asap.

I agree with Vid on the innocence point; if you were unjustly accused of such a thing surely you'd be taking every possible opportunity to point out the injustice and clear your name but ... crickets ...

I really hope the club don't appeal the decision as that would only smear the stain further across LUFC.