Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Re: Coronavirus

Post by BrighouseWhite »

We had the 2nd dose yesterday. Feel perfectly fine this morning, no achy arm like I had with the 1st jab. Also had the best night's sleep for a while despite the warm night, although that could be down to a couple of pints of beer I had in the evening.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Mrs SW having her 2nd Jab this morning (already had mine), decided to go with her as going to have lunch out afterwards, bacon sarnie at garden centre cafe :D .
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
cheffy007
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by cheffy007 »

I was reading the other day that there were mass gatherings at organised events FA cup final, some concert etc. Over 67,000 people in attendance and after testing only 25 people returned a positive result. So if it's not spreading through mass gatherings, how are we recording 15,000 new cases a day?
For homemade pickles, chutneys and tomato ketchup, go to www.stuckinapickle.co.uk
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

cheffy007 wrote:I was reading the other day that there were mass gatherings at organised events FA cup final, some concert etc. Over 67,000 people in attendance and after testing only 25 people returned a positive result. So if it's not spreading through mass gatherings, how are we recording 15,000 new cases a day?
Read same other day but they were saying they were also supposedly tested or double vaccinated before the were allowed in.
So it isn't really compable to been in public where we have people not vaccinated and some not tested mixing.

Think it's building a good argument for covid passports.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just flicking through TV & there’s virtually a full house at Wimbledon yet Scarborough couldn’t hold the ticket. There really is a North-South divide, boils my blood it really does :twisted:
Winner of the Europa League
LAsouthcoast

Post by LAsouthcoast »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just flicking through TV & there’s virtually a full house at Wimbledon yet Scarborough couldn’t hold the ticket. There really is a North-South divide, boils my blood it really does :twisted:
North south divide NW, now that could start a debate, i`m not going to get involved, to many of you lads on here :thumbup:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just flicking through TV & there’s virtually a full house at Wimbledon yet Scarborough couldn’t hold the ticket. There really is a North-South divide, boils my blood it really does :twisted:
But they're having the match at Headingley in Leeds instead aren't they, mate?
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Yes they are to a reduced crowd. As a YCCC fan Scarbados is the highlight of the season. We sit in the same seats every year & it’s all about the banter as much as the cricket. Our seats are a few rows away from the away dressing room so they get a bit of stick. Three years back Alec Stewart came & sat amongst us saying he was loving the good natured craic. We’re a mixed bunch there’s a chap who owned a dairy in York & his wife, a retired major & his wife, a retired doctor from Pickering , an accountant from Pontefract, one of the players mum & dad & an ex police superintendent & his wife also an ex police inspector. Not seen any of ‘em for a couple of years now. Scarbados is an event & much more than a game of cricket. None of them are on social media, or I don’t think they are plus we only all know each other by first names.
Oh! well God willing there’s always next year. Apologies to LA it certainly wasn’t anything personal ;)
Winner of the Europa League
LAsouthcoast

Post by LAsouthcoast »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:
Yes they are to a reduced crowd. As a YCCC fan Scarbados is the highlight of the season. We sit in the same seats every year & it’s all about the banter as much as the cricket. Our seats are a few rows away from the away dressing room so they get a bit of stick. Three years back Alec Stewart came & sat amongst us saying he was loving the good natured craic. We’re a mixed bunch there’s a chap who owned a dairy in York & his wife, a retired major & his wife, a retired doctor from Pickering , an accountant from Pontefract, one of the players mum & dad & an ex police superintendent & his wife also an ex police inspector. Not seen any of ‘em for a couple of years now. Scarbados is an event & much more than a game of cricket. None of them are on social media, or I don’t think they are plus we only all know each other by first names.
Oh! well God willing there’s always next year. Apologies to LA it certainly wasn’t anything personal ;)
No need to apologise NW I wasn`t offended in the slightest :thumbup:
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

Just been on the radio news 2,000 Scottish football fans have tested positive since the England match the majority been in London without tickets.