2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Selby White »

simonwleeds wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
PhoenixUnited wrote:
SiMamu wrote:According to David Anderson of the Mirror, Kiko Casilla is on the verge of joining Elche on loan with an option to buy.
Hope it happens. It'd be the best for all concerned. Besides anything I really don't think he is a good enough keeper considering how erratic he is. Sends jitters through the whole defence when he is in goal
Think you are right best for all concerned.

Just to be fair to him the league games he played for us last season he did OK (was it 3). Apparently I read somewhere early last season that he is very good encouraging and helping the younger keepers at the club.
Still he's a big earner but we do need to find a experienced keeper as no2.

I am very glad to hear that Casilla is leaving Leeds United. He should have been moved on or frozen out as soon as he was charged by the FA. In any other profession he would have been sacked. I can only imagine how the black players in the squad would have felt having him around.
Not sure when he's been charged is the way to go, maybe after found guilty is a better point.
Alioski was recently charged with a racist gesture so following what you say he would have been sacked although the case was eventually and rightfully dropped.

Whatever opinion of a player I'm a believer in the innocent until proven guilty system.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:
simonwleeds wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
PhoenixUnited wrote:
SiMamu wrote:According to David Anderson of the Mirror, Kiko Casilla is on the verge of joining Elche on loan with an option to buy.
Hope it happens. It'd be the best for all concerned. Besides anything I really don't think he is a good enough keeper considering how erratic he is. Sends jitters through the whole defence when he is in goal
Think you are right best for all concerned.

Just to be fair to him the league games he played for us last season he did OK (was it 3). Apparently I read somewhere early last season that he is very good encouraging and helping the younger keepers at the club.
Still he's a big earner but we do need to find a experienced keeper as no2.

I am very glad to hear that Casilla is leaving Leeds United. He should have been moved on or frozen out as soon as he was charged by the FA. In any other profession he would have been sacked. I can only imagine how the black players in the squad would have felt having him around.
Not sure when he's been charged is the way to go, maybe after found guilty is a better point.
Alioski was recently charged with a racist gesture so following what you say he would have been sacked although the case was eventually and rightfully dropped.

Whatever opinion of a player I'm a believer in the innocent until proven guilty system.
And from what I see all the players supported him. It's done now, if he moves on I wish him well, hope he learns from what happened and enjoys the rest of his career and life AND for what it's worth I too hope he goes for footballing reasons and for incident, it wont help him or the team to stay in all ways.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Barry Douglas has joined Lech Poznan
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

BrighouseWhite wrote:Barry Douglas has joined Lech Poznan
He’s looking a bit mean here...

https://www.lechpoznan.pl/aktualnosci,2 ... 37873.html
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Euro's over.

Let the speculation commence.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Wigan White wrote:Euro's over.

Let the speculation commence.
Isn't there a second leg? :shock: lol:
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Kiko departs to Elche on a 12 month loan.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Barlow Boy wrote:Kiko departs to Elche on a 12 month loan.
:thumbup:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

It will be very interesting to see who they bring in as a new second choice goalkeeper. It’s easy to think that the second choice doesn’t really matter as he’s not likely to play a lot of games, but my impression is that it’s extremely important to have the right type of second choice, a player that both push and support the first choice. I think we can all agree that it from the outside does look like Casilla was good in this role and that he did push and support Meslier to make him better.
Seathrun66
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Seathrun66 »

Polkadot wrote:It will be very interesting to see who they bring in as a new second choice goalkeeper. It’s easy to think that the second choice doesn’t really matter as he’s not likely to play a lot of games, but my impression is that it’s extremely important to have the right type of second choice, a player that both push and support the first choice. I think we can all agree that it from the outside does look like Casilla was good in this role and that he did push and support Meslier to make him better.
A fine line to tread. Do we definitely need a new goalie or is Caprile a decent option? He's only 19 but that's the same age as Meslier and Paul Robinson made their debuts. Scott Carson even younger at 18. Would Caprile be undermined by being removed from the first-team squad or shuffled down the pecking order? He sees a fellow youngster promoted and it instills ambition in him to do the same. Bringing in a more experienced goalie may do the reverse.