2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
bearskin
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by bearskin »

Costy wrote: 28 Jul 2022, 21:31 I'd be happy if we signed him. We need someone. Even though we lost some games really heavily, our lack of attacking depth was the main reason for our struggle last season in my view.
Agree. Lack of a really good DM when Kalvin was injured didn't help our defensive woes, but we looked toothless at time up front.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Manchester City have given 19-year-old English midfielder James McAtee the green light to go out on loan this season, with Leeds United and Nottingham Forest linked. Football Insider
Winner of the Europa League
judy
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by judy »

Do we really need another midfielder? Striker and LB need sorting urgently.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

judy wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 15:38 Do we really need another midfielder? Striker and LB need sorting urgently.
I have to say this LB situation is baffling.

Surely, with both Firpo and Dallas out, letting Leif Davis go was a significant sign that the club had something lined up.

Am I missing something (or more appropriately someone ?). I’ve seen references to Struijk at LB, but that’s a non starter in my mind.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Barlow Boy wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 18:08
judy wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 15:38 Do we really need another midfielder? Striker and LB need sorting urgently.

Surely, with both Firpo and Dallas out, letting Leif Davis go was a significant sign that the club had something lined up.

Am I missing something (or more appropriately someone ?). I’ve seen references to Struijk at LB, but that’s a non starter in my mind.
I don't think that we'll sign anybody for the LB role as they will plan on probably Stuijk there or even Hjelde until Firpo comes back then there is Dallas later on in the season. I think I've already said this beforehand, the transfer window has been pretty poor imo, they haven't rectified the 3 key areas which was LB, ST and the number 8 role (box-to-box MF) - a replacement for Klich. We have only spent what we we're getting in from players leaving, the obvious being Raphina and Phillips. Spent too much time on CDK - god knows why. Only time will tell, let's hope I am wrong! That being said, can't wait for the season to start again
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

DominanceUK wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 18:24

I don't think that we'll sign anybody for the LB role as they will plan on probably Stuijk there or even Hjelde until Firpo comes back then there is Dallas later on in the season. I think I've already said this beforehand, the transfer window has been pretty poor imo, they haven't rectified the 3 key areas which was LB, ST and the number 8 role (box-to-box MF) - a replacement for Klich. We have only spent what we we're getting in from players leaving, the obvious being Raphina and Phillips. Spent too much time on CDK - god knows why. Only time will tell, let's hope I am wrong! That being said, can't wait for the season to start again
I can’t comment on the transfers in so far, I always pass judgment once I’ve seen the players in the flesh over a few weeks. In my opinion, there is no chance you can say this, that and the other about a certain player watching on tele, there is so much goes on off the ball which you cant see on a screen

I ageee with the CDK comment (see my posts in this thread), the lad didn’t want to come, absolute nonsense chasing that one.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
bearskin

Post by bearskin »

Barlow Boy wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 18:55 I ageee with the CDK comment (see my posts in this thread), the lad didn’t want to come, absolute nonsense chasing that one.
I'm glad he hasn't been signed. Give Joffy a go.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Barlow Boy wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 18:55
DominanceUK wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 18:24

In my opinion, there is no chance you can say this, that and the other about a certain player watching on tele, there is so much goes on off the ball which you cant see on a screen
:clap:
NIK MOT

Post by NIK MOT »

bearskin wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 19:06
Barlow Boy wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 18:55 I ageee with the CDK comment (see my posts in this thread), the lad didn’t want to come, absolute nonsense chasing that one.
:clap: :clap: to that comment!
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

NIK MOT wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 19:10
bearskin wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 19:06
:clap: :clap: to that comment!
Can't say I'm that bothered about CDK and we've wasted too much time waiting for a second hand rose IMHO.
As for Joffy, he is a fantastic prospect but he needs to be brought on and nurtured slowly rather than thrown in and expected to carry all or half of the responsibility of playing up front. Even with him there together with Patrick Bamford we have insufficient resources in terms of strikers. PB needs to almost prove that he is up to full fitness and can stay fit since that very odd / strange injury he had was so long lasting
Keep The Faith / WAL