Advice

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
AndyDarloFC
Giddy Kipper

Advice

Post by AndyDarloFC »

Hi guys,

A Darlington FC fan here.

I was just wondering what is the best place to sit for a neutral for the game against Bolton on Sat 30th August? We've not got a game, so gunna take in Elland Road & then hit the town afterwards.

Where's best to sit?
Where's best for a drink etc?

Thanks,
Andy.
Deleted User 2747

Re: Advice

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

AndyDarloFC wrote:Hi guys,

A Darlington FC fan here.

I was just wondering what is the best place to sit for a neutral for the game against Bolton on Sat 30th August? We've not got a game, so gunna take in Elland Road & then hit the town afterwards.

Where's best to sit?
Where's best for a drink etc?

Thanks,
Andy.

Hi ,depends what you want, but my friend and I always go in the East Stand, L30, 31 and 32 near to the family area, because being women of a certain age, we prefer a more relaxed and sedate kind of match watching experience from being in the thick of it - as they say. Usually a very nice atmosphere there. :wave:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I think we should maybe start a thread or at least put up a stickie on this.
We do seem to get a number of friendly fans of other clubs who want to come and watch the mighty Leeds as neutrals as well as lots of our own fans visiting us from around the world for the first time.
Maybe we could post a guide to the ground, with a plan of the stadium and descriptions of the atmosphere and pricing in each section, along with a list of ways to get to Elland Road, bus routes, etc. Then a guide to food and drink in and around the ground.
Finally, places to stay like good hotels and B+Bs, and pubs and clubs in town, family-friendly venues, etc ...
Then maybe after people come and see a game, they could report back how it was, what they found to be good/bad, and so on passing on their experiences to others so it's constantly updated ...

Just an idea :)
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

rigger wrote:Just an idea :)
A good one too :clap:, must admit it does get a bit tiresome putting the same old thing up time after time - not that I am begrudging anyone from coming along to ER :?
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 2299

Post by Deleted User 2299 »

Agree a stickie of where to stay, drink, watch match etc. :thumbup:
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Excellent idea especially as i am one of the exiles on the forum :thumbup:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Agree all that would be useful. In the meantime IMO there are only two places to watch from - either the South Stand which is the "happening place" with a load of new lads going in there with their flags and banners and getting at first hand the banter with the away fans. Or the North stand, the Kop. Take the point Frankie made tho too, depends on what sort of "experience" you want.
+15
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by +15 »

rigger wrote:I think we should maybe start a thread or at least put up a stickie on this.
We do seem to get a number of friendly fans of other clubs who want to come and watch the mighty Leeds as neutrals as well as lots of our own fans visiting us from around the world for the first time.
Maybe we could post a guide to the ground, with a plan of the stadium and descriptions of the atmosphere and pricing in each section, along with a list of ways to get to Elland Road, bus routes, etc. Then a guide to food and drink in and around the ground.
Finally, places to stay like good hotels and B+Bs, and pubs and clubs in town, family-friendly venues, etc ...
Then maybe after people come and see a game, they could report back how it was, what they found to be good/bad, and so on passing on their experiences to others so it's constantly updated ...

Just an idea :)
I put this forward to the other mods and admin. :clap: