negative feeling

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: negative feeling

Post by dlw10 »

big jon wrote:Nothing surprises me anymore with our club taking everything that has happened over the last 10 years. But you know about this time every year, and I mean every year, I feel like a little kid in the sweet shop looking forward to the start of the football season. Always thinking this year will be the year. Bates or Cellino, McDermott or Hockaday, McCormack or Ajose, makes no difference to me these days. The good, the bad and the ugly have all graced Elland Road at some time, so this year we've got a mad Italian owner and a ex conference manager, unknown Italian league players, not exactly the bees knees but what the hell, everybody else have failed!!
So roll on Millwall and the rest of the season....and you never know...this could well be the year :D :thumbup:
Well said, and as Rigger said too, what is football about if it is not to dream of success? And come to that, life is too short folks to constantly look on the downside - I learned very recently that our existence on this planet is but a short one and is constantly in peril, I am determined to enjoy every minute of mine and that means having a laugh (Rigger's cartoon) even if it is at my own expense! Yes, lets have serious debates, but at the end of the day that is what they are - none of us can ever be "right" in most debates so keep it lighthearted and if you really don't agree just shrug and move on - treat at as a bit of gristle! and just whistle....always look on the bright side of life!
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

Cheer up lads! Put the cricket on, that'll make you smile! :)
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

Otherworld wrote:Cheer up lads! Put the cricket on, that'll make you smile! :)
Yeah I'm watching that at the same time....15 for 4....that means they will only get about 500!!!!!!!
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Otherworld wrote:Cheer up lads! Put the cricket on, that'll make you sleep! :)
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Starting to feel negative over the Sorenson deal. Part of my optimism on us doing well, is based on him signing, if he doesn't I think we will struggle TBH. I think he is that good and we will be weak in defence, especially if Wootton, or Pearce get injured. Even playing together, I think they aren't good enough and without Sorenson, I see another season of defensive mistakes.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Aces, even if the Sorensen deal collapses, we're still going to sign a CB. Cellino, Salerno and Hockaday aren't stupid enough to go into a season with only two CBs. We'll sign one by the end of the window, that's guaranteed - it's just not guaranteed whether the CB will be Sorensen or a similar calibre.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Just disappointed Si, I think he would be similar to Mertesacker who I think is quality. He still might come yet, I hope Cellino sorts it out.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

SiMamu wrote:Aces, even if the Sorensen deal collapses, we're still going to sign a CB. Cellino, Salerno and Hockaday aren't stupid enough to go into a season with only two CBs. We'll sign one by the end of the window, that's guaranteed - it's just not guaranteed whether the CB will be Sorensen or a similar calibre.
Spot on - that number 5 shirt has to be filled