Leeds or Forum?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: Leeds or Forum?

Post by phil62 »

I only joined this forum last year and I have enjoyed the banter which is never nasty or aggressive. Sure we will have disagreements but that's why we love this game - god invented football to give blokes something to talk about other than sex and cars. As for leeds - who of us can honestly say that we are not excited about the massive changes in personnel and what it may bring? If it does go tits up then so be it, but maybe, just maybe it's going to be an inspired direction. There's a real emphasis on youth in the side and personally I think that's exciting. Lack of an inspirational leader is my concern - a Strachan or a Bremner - just that one player who holds it all together. I like Pearce, he gives his all, but a leader? I don't think so. We need that one marquee signing - a premier league player looking for one last hurrah - any suggestions? Meanwhile - keep the faith - it's going to be interesting if nothing else.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

On this topic....

Leeds: No matter what goes on i couldn't lose interest. Its something i guess wasn't a choice it was similar to love it steadily grew and I've been hooked ever since.

Forum: At times i do get annoyed, were all human i guess and we all interact differently with other human beings and what they say, but underneath it all, the Forum is a great place to find out everything Leeds United, i may question the positivity or negativity in others posts at times but i too have to take a step back and look at my own posts from time to time and see if i need to change something about me or my views. Overall the Mods on here are brilliant and keep it a safe place to air for everyone to enjoy the site and it is a great forum, ive come to like it a lot so keep up the good work all of you, posters, mods and admin

MOT always Corky as BB calls me :thumbup:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I feel a certain amount of negativity these days as far as Leeds are concerned. I've made no secret that I don't trust Cellino & I am certainly not a fan of Hockaday. As for the forum as it continues to grow it is going to change, all we as Mods can do is listen to you the members & believe me we do listen to you. I'm actually in Norway at the moment so can't really do a long post as I'm on limited Internet access but let us know on this thread how we can look at certain aspects & I'm sure I speak for others we will look into things.

MOT
Winner of the Europa League
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

I do remember a similar thread appeared this time last season. I think it will all settle down again once we have games to focus on - that is what I am really interested in, what folk think about us as a team on the pitch, the formations, tactics, the fans, things going on at the games and before and after. Sit tight everyone...we are nearly there !
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

dlw10 wrote:Sit tight everyone...we are nearly there !
Assuming the Pavilion is open tomorrow, I will see you in there Sir David. If not, enjoy the game :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Thing is, we have all had 10 years of number 2s supporting our club and as each era rolls in we still feel the bruises & show the scars from the last. So each one of us gets a bit more untrusting and a bit more sceptical. The other side of the coin is the more positive supporters crave that the new era is 'the one' that will take us forward and sometimes you can see some of the trust and positivity is based more on wishful thinking than it is on facts!

That's my take on it. I try to keep positive but I also remember that as a kid, I went from supporting a club that looked bound for the 3rd division (1988) to supporting a club that had just won the League Championship (1992). We don't do things normally, it will be the same again.
dangermouse
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by dangermouse »

Sheepy wrote:Thing is, we have all had 10 years of number 2s supporting our club and as each era rolls in we still feel the bruises & show the scars from the last. So each one of us gets a bit more untrusting and a bit more sceptical. The other side of the coin is the more positive supporters crave that the new era is 'the one' that will take us forward and sometimes you can see some of the trust and positivity is based more on wishful thinking than it is on facts!
Very well put Sheepy. That is the 2 camps summarised perfectly.
alwaysleeds
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by alwaysleeds »

ben87 wrote:you need negative fans, they can be more realists.
another club (different sport) that is a big part of my life was run terribly for years and years, though we've come good now, i remember thinking back then "why should i pay for tickets, merchandise and membership if they cant even win a game and the guys at the top seem totally backwards and out of the depth"
and its true, passion and love for the sport/team is all great, but at the end of the day if you keep forking out hard earned for sub par results and shitty managment, well, i guess youve been had.
im not sure were i stand regarding massimo, im somewhat hopeful i guess, but also as a leeds fan this is all somewhat familiar.
Excuse me for saying this; why is it that pessimists or negative persons call themselves realists? I've often wondered that. Can't be more wrong. Optimists are as good realists than the pessimists. ;)
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Must admit I think I'm a pessimist, but one thing I am sure about, is that things will only get better.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
alwaysleeds
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by alwaysleeds »

We all have our opinions about our dear Leeds United. I even am quite sure that my opinions are really odd on this forum. Sometimes I write about things no one give comments to, and often discussions can be "thousands of comments" that I for myself feel absolutely boring or uninteresting. At some times I'm active, but then there come some weeks I'm not here at all. I make of it, what I make of it.

For what I know, I don't know enyone else in person here on the forum. I have never been to Leeds (not yet anyway!), but Leeds has been MY TEAM since I was around 7 years old. Often I think back to those days with Lorimer, Bremner, Clarke, Jones, Madeley, Giles and so on. But I often also think forward. That's important. And to me it's then a main thought thinking in several years, NOT thinking shortly.

Mark my words: THE ONLY WAY for Leeds to be a giant again is going for the younger stars. And nowadays we have plenty of them. Here in this forum we always discuss about who we're going to buy and need to buy. Extremely seldom we discuss the younger and coming stars. They are our future! And we can't buy our way to success, we have to go deep and look forward. (Sometimes I feel I'm the only one here at the forum that thinks in these ways)

I'm not going to criticise those that are more negative. I'm not going to criticise those that ignore my comments or think I'm too odd - I'm here for the team. IN LONG TERM!

A golden tip to Cellino; Team for the first game against Millwall: Grimes; Byram, Killock, Skelton, C Taylor; Phillips, Dawson, Mowatt, Denton; Mbanje, McDaid. Subs: Cairns, Coker, Swan, Cook, White, Poleon. If you dare, of course. 8-)