Don Goodman is he right ?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Don Goodman is he right ?

Post by NottinghamWhite »

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... the-season

Reckons we will be relegated along with Charlton & Blackpool :crazy:
Winner of the Europa League
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Don Goodman is he right ?

Post by SG90 »

He's so anti-Leeds, so not bothered. Are we really worse than Millwall, Dogs, Bolton, Wendy, Rotherham, Brentford? etc.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Blah, blah, blah.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I wouldn't get too excited about what he says, he has two Runner Ups in League Two :crazy:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Just one man's opinion!

Curious and provocative - that he has a pic' of Hockaday at the top!

Still headlining even as a 'prospective relegation contender'. :thumbdown:

I am pretty confident that there are quite a few teams that will prove to have a more difficult season than us. Ours is bound to be tricky to start with as so much has changed, but I am in the 'let's wait and see' camp. :|
Viduka95
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Viduka95 »

The Championship in my opinion is the most competitive and the toughest league in the world, you never know how it will go and each season there isn't much difference in points to being in the playoffs or being in the relegation area. Goodman doesn't know what he's on about, Blackpool are in the mire but if they can actually sort themselves out a bit they have a chance of staying up, Charlton are always around the relegation area but they always seem to survive and I think they will this season and Leeds, well Leeds are going up :shh:
@MrSkorecki Twitter
LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS!
dangermouse
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by dangermouse »

I think it is difficult to say with any level of confidence where we might finish right now. There are just too many uncertainties right now to make any prediction. The fact we have so many untested players in this league and an untested manager also makes it difficult. We could possibly be in a relegation scrap if they flop. If they do well we could be challenging for play offs. I'd say by the start of September when we have 4 or 5 games behind us, and the window closed we will have a clearer idea. I wouldn't even be surprised if we have a new "coach" by then, given the way things are going!
Last edited by dangermouse on 06 Aug 2014, 12:11, edited 2 times in total.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Agreed The Championship is a tough league to predict. I think Goodman has put us in the relegation mire as he knows we Leeds fans will bite & that's the response he wants. Personally I think Brentford, Blackpool & Millwall are my ante post favourites for the drop.
Winner of the Europa League
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

If we sign Sorenson and Delort, we might even push for a play off place, anyone making any predictions now, is a pointless thing to do. Sums Goodman up ...... Pointless.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
dangermouse
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by dangermouse »

Sorenson will address a key area. The other key is the striker we are missing. If we got Sorensson and Delort in I would be happy with that squad. Not so sure we are getting Delort though which is a shame.