The positive Leeds United news thread.

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

The positive Leeds United news thread.

Post by Aces »

Things could be better than they are, but they could also be a lot worse.

I'm thinking positive, we have a new manager, who has a team of young players. We've kept our best youngsters and the new players are decent enough, I just think we need to get the tactics right and improve morale.

Who knows what's happening with Cellino, is he banned, or isn't he? Just what effect will it have if he is? Might improve things, thinking positively, which is what this happy clappy :clap: :D threads about.

Here's hope Big Easy can get our lads fired up and playing well, gets us quickly into the top half of the table and gets us near a play off place come the end of the season. Then it's up to C and just what plans he has for us next year. Another decent summer transfer window and next season could see us push for promotion at long last.

:thumbup:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Judge Fredd
Brian McDermott's optician

Re: The positive Leeds United news thread.

Post by Judge Fredd »

Can't wait for some positive news to happen, 3 points v Blackburn would be a good start.
saintjimmy
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by saintjimmy »

You been on the pumpkin juice Aces?, if so make mine a double :thumbup:

Joking apart , we need to get some wins under our belt the sooner the better, no better way to be positive than moving up that table .

MOT
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

saintjimmy wrote:You been on the pumpkin juice Aces?, if so make mine a double :thumbup:

Joking apart , we need to get some wins under our belt the sooner the better, no better way to be positive than moving up that table .

MOT

That's what I've said as well, I hope Evans gets us cooking with gas and gets us winning, we look like we are near rock bottom, so hopefully the only way is up. Things have been a lot worse than they are now. Ridsdale bankrupting us, Bates taking us into Division 1, which took us longer than we expected to get out of. Then GFH nearly took us to the wall financially, we were losing a million pounds plus a month. Obviously things aren't good, not by a long stretch of the imagination, but we are currently financially viable, we have as I've said, a lot of young players. We've kept our best youngsters, which is a first in many a year and we just need the players to knuckle down and give 100% to the hard pressed Leeds fans, who still turn out in huge numbers, to watch them and help pay their big wages.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Judge Fredd
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Judge Fredd »

None of this is news, and the fact is we're close to the relegation zone, actual positive news will be the team playing well and picking up enough points to take us higher in the table.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Judge Fredd wrote:None of this is news, and the fact is we're close to the relegation zone, actual positive news will be the team playing well and picking up enough points to take us higher in the table.
It's just perspective ..
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:
Judge Fredd wrote:None of this is news, and the fact is we're close to the relegation zone, actual positive news will be the team playing well and picking up enough points to take us higher in the table.
It's just perspective ..
Clearly. :crazy:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Sorry I have lots to add but am not looking for an argument. I will say they I wish I had the OP's changeable opinion on things. He has supported everything and everyone that the rest of us have squirmed about regarding our club.

Cellino is not for our club and Evans is the latest of what could be numerous managers he will employ. For one I am getting to a point of just going to my local park and supporting my local park side. Apologies no positively from me.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Doesn't Cellinos ban start tomorrow? I recall the date being the 28th, or is he appealing it?

Last time he was banned we started getting better results didn't we?

Every time we get a new coach, I hope they can get the players playing better, I am an optimist though, but two away draws to start with isn't bad and a couple of wins, would be a great boost for all.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Aces wrote:Doesn't Cellinos ban start tomorrow? I recall the date being the 28th, or is he appealing it?
He has till the 28th to appeal the decision.

Which he is doing, so who would know when the ban will come into force.