2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by White Knight »

corkleedsmot wrote:
whiteinfrance wrote:WOW Gvardiol looks some player

https://sportslens.com/leeds-united-fan ... ol/311039/

Follow the youtube link lower down the page
Incredible. made his debut at 17 and looked like he was 35 and battle hardened. Bayern and City want him so huge coup if we got him
He looks a seasoned pro and still only 18!! For a big lad he can move with some style and speed and being over 6 foot he would be a serious addition at CB or possibly even more so at LB, a position he often plays in. I would love to see him join us. Another signing that could really increase in value over a couple of years learning from Bielsa.
etrangier
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by etrangier »

White Knight wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:

Incredible. made his debut at 17 and looked like he was 35 and battle hardened. Bayern and City want him so huge coup if we got him
He looks a seasoned pro and still only 18!! For a big lad he can move with some style and speed and being over 6 foot he would be a serious addition at CB or possibly even more so at LB, a position he often plays in. I would love to see him join us. Another signing that could really increase in value over a couple of years learning from Bielsa.
Indeed, another urgent space to cover (to me) is the left back. Regard the defensive midfield, I've seen Robin Koch can even play on that position, so that it's great.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Don't you just hate the Sun. They are now running with the Gvardiol story but with a twist however.

Now forgetting their terrible headline of "Done Diol".

They have said that Bielsa is interested as the Chilean feels the need to strengthen defence.

Chilean!!!! Hahahahahhaha
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

etrangier wrote:
White Knight wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:

Indeed, another urgent space to cover (to me) is the left back. Regard the defensive midfield, I've seen Robin Koch can even play on that position, so that it's great.
I see no reason why Gvardiol can't play left back too
Deleted User 10260

Post by Deleted User 10260 »

corkleedsmot wrote:
etrangier wrote:
White Knight wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:

We have 3 internationals that can play LB, if we sign he will start in the under 23s.
Looks proper potential though.
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

He is first team ready for sure. The kid is a man already. He will be cover for Cooper and competition. We are not spending that kind of money for an under 23 player. Only the man CIty's of the world can do that.
CorkWhite
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by CorkWhite »

He will be first team ready if he joins. I know there are rumors being bandied about that were the hottest property in world football right about now and who knows who Radrizanni is negotiating with? I suspect that he will stick with the club for this season and possibly next before selling up to some rich mega billionaire who would propel us into the Man City range or beyond, as for now though, it's about establishing ourselves as a Premiership club and use that as the springboard to get in those Elon Musk billionaires.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Looks a real talent but keeping my feet on the ground and an open mind.
According to Wiki he's only played 11 first team games and I don't believe the Croatian League is that strong as most top players play elsewhere. Its certainly nowhere near the Prem League.
Still as I say an open mind.
If we do sign I would expect us to be selling someone (possibly Douglas).

Saying all that of our young players i really thought Leif Davies would break through last season and become our LB. Think injury slowed his progress but it's certainly not one I've wrote off.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Paul Kersey wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:
etrangier wrote:
White Knight wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:

We have 3 internationals that can play LB, if we sign he will start in the under 23s.
Douglas, Alioski, Dallas and Berardi can all be makeshift at LB but we really need an out and out defender in that position. We are well short there IMHO
Keep The Faith / WAL
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

PhoenixUnited wrote:
Paul Kersey wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:
etrangier wrote:
White Knight wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:

Douglas, Alioski, Dallas and Berardi can all be makeshift at LB but we really need an out and out defender in that position. We are well short there IMHO
Think you can rule Berardi out of that list given his injury.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.