2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: 2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by DominanceUK »

CheeznOnionPasty wrote:Saw someone moaning in the comments on The Athletic about the fact that Leeds are slow off the mark and "where are our new recruits, everyone else is getting business done" and this kind of impatience around the transfer process ticks me off, so I had to go and have a look.

11 Premier League teams have still made no signings this window (Leeds not included, we added the u23 striker from Spain)
Only 2 loan deals completed so far
Only 10 permanent deals completed so far (one of which is our u23 striker)

So we're not slower than anyone else and, so far, this is not a super active window where everyone is doing loads of business and we're getting left behind - in what should be a surprise to no-one the window is as slow and measured as previous pandemic windows have been.
I get your point but I disgaree. We are down to the bare bones atm and it's clear as mud we need players in. The longer we let this go, the worse it will become. We have 2 huge games coming up and I think it would be absolutely suicidal not to have added to the squad for these games. We have no striker, we have 3 CB's unavailable for next week. Given our bad injury list is, if you added a Forshaw or/and a Raphina to that list then we are in serious trouble. I think the Burnley result blind-sided a few fans. We are still in the mire and we need to bring in some players to add what is already a depleted squad.
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

I'd contact Arsenal now and try and bring Eddie in before the weekend - Barely anytime left on his contract, so surely less than 10M to buy now
janecky
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by janecky »

Greenwood also injured.
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

guitarmark wrote:I'd contact Arsenal now and try and bring Eddie in before the weekend - Barely anytime left on his contract, so surely less than 10M to buy now
Would you really though? He isn't actually all that good in my honest opinion. Not sure he fits the way we play either.
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

DominanceUK wrote:I get your point but I disgaree. We are down to the bare bones atm and it's clear as mud we need players in. The longer we let this go, the worse it will become. We have 2 huge games coming up and I think it would be absolutely suicidal not to have added to the squad for these games. We have no striker, we have 3 CB's unavailable for next week. Given our bad injury list is, if you added a Forshaw or/and a Raphina to that list then we are in serious trouble. I think the Burnley result blind-sided a few fans. We are still in the mire and we need to bring in some players to add what is already a depleted squad.
I'm not suggesting we shouldn't get people in, and I agree that whoever we recruit, the sooner we get them in the better it will be - especially as we know Marcello will want them to do three months of murderball before he picks them :D

I'm just amused by people thinking that Orta only needs to click his heels together and players magically appear and ticked off by people insinuating that our recruitment team is crap/lazy/slow/whatever (not on here).

My point is only that we're no slower than anyone else and people claiming "everyone else is doing business but we're not" are not checking the facts.

I agree we still need signings and quickly.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

The thing with any new signing they have to get up to speed with what Bielsa requires. The only person I’d like to see come in is Nketiah as he knows the “ score” at Leeds.
Winner of the Europa League
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

Don't know much about this one?
Lazio striker Vedat Muriqi could be heading for the Premier League with interest from Leeds United and Hull City.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

blackbox2342 wrote:Don't know much about this one?
Lazio striker Vedat Muriqi could be heading for the Premier League with interest from Leeds United and Hull City.
https://football-italia.net/leeds-and-h ... er-muriqi/

that has the comment "Calling him a ‘striker’ is like me calling a tractor a sports car." :lol:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Nic wrote:
blackbox2342 wrote:Don't know much about this one?
https://football-italia.net/leeds-and-h ... er-muriqi/

that has the comment "Calling him a ‘striker’ is like me calling a tractor a sports car." :lol:
"Heading to the Premier League" and "Hull City" used in the same sentence :lol:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Things are getting desperate…

Winner of the Europa League