Relegation rivals

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Westminster
Brian McDermott's optician

Re: Relegation rivals

Post by Westminster »

yorkfan wrote:I wish I could share some folk's optimism about us staying up, but looking at the remaining fixtures, I find it difficult to see where any more points will come from.

Sadly, and taking into account games in hand, I think we will be relying on other results for our PL survival. :think:
Yep. I wonder if we're getting a bit complacent. Fact is, if those below us win their games in hand then we're in the bottom three.

On balance, I'd rather be in our position than Everton's or Burnley's but there could be a few twists and turns yet. I'm not counting any chickens,
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

On MOTD last night Lineker interviewed Jesse & the first thing he said to him was congratulations on staying up or words to that effect, it was late & Sauvignon has been consumed :roll:
Winner of the Europa League
West beach white
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by West beach white »

NottinghamWhite wrote:On MOTD last night Lineker interviewed Jesse & the first thing he said to him was congratulations on staying up or words to that effect, it was late & Sauvignon has been consumed :roll:
Adelaide hills ???
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Westminster wrote:
yorkfan wrote:I wish I could share some folk's optimism about us staying up, but looking at the remaining fixtures, I find it difficult to see where any more points will come from.

Sadly, and taking into account games in hand, I think we will be relying on other results for our PL survival. :think:
Yep. I wonder if we're getting a bit complacent. Fact is, if those below us win their games in hand then we're in the bottom three.

On balance, I'd rather be in our position than Everton's or Burnley's but there could be a few twists and turns yet. I'm not counting any chickens,
Burnley have won 4 games from 29 do you really think they will go on a winning streak?
Even if they do improve a bit think with the extra games playing two per week will take its toll.

Have said all season I expect bottom 3 to get no more than 32pts, seen nothing to change my mind.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

West beach white wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:On MOTD last night Lineker interviewed Jesse & the first thing he said to him was congratulations on staying up or words to that effect, it was late & Sauvignon has been consumed :roll:
Adelaide hills ???
Marlborough ;)
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Selby White wrote:
Westminster wrote:

Burnley have won 4 games from 29 do you really think they will go on a winning streak?
Even if they do improve a bit think with the extra games playing two per week will take its toll.

Have said all season I expect bottom 3 to get no more than 32pts, seen nothing to change my mind.
The fact is though Mick, it doesn't matter what any of us 'think' will happen with Burnley, they CAN win those games in hand, same with Everton. And while it remains possible, I'm trying to be realistic. Everton's win over Scum was another surprise, with luck their run in is as hard as ours but I wouldn't put it past Burnley to do well, the absolute out-houses :P
John Dane
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by John Dane »

Selby White wrote:

The liklihood of such as Burnley winning their 3 games in hand is unlikely especially if you consider they've only won 4 from 29 so far.
Given rate of points (less than one per game) so far we've possibly got enough points now.
I hope, you are right, but I do not find it unlikely, that we will find no points from the coming matches vs. CP, Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea. On the other hand, I find it likely, that Burnley will get at least 6 points and worst case 9 points in games vs. Norwich, Watford, Southampton and Wolves. In that case, we will see into some exiting games to come… :cry:
But I really do hope, that your guess is better than mine!
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Norwich 1 Burnley 0 after 10 minutes
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Norwich 1 Burnley 0 after 10 minutes
long way to go but nice to see them suffering. Wouldn't even mind a draw as Burnley would be nice and cosey with Frank but still very far from us
Blanc de blanc
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Blanc de blanc »

Norwich one up against Burnley.