2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
superfox
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by superfox »

The Fonz wrote:
whitedancer wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:
CheeznOnionPasty wrote:Roca deal has been announced on our website and the BBC as completed.
Our third signing of pre season & there will be those who don’t think the club are investing enough :roll:
Would we of made these signings under bielsa

( I don’t think so)
Has he would of still be trying to get every ounce out of Dallas,struilk,roberts,
And such like.

And more then likely we would of been in the championship anyway.
Interesting theory when facts show that it was Marsch that took us into the bottom 3 needing a result in the last game and relying on other results. That despite a decent run in on the fixture front.

Fortunately we got that result using players which included 10 (of the 13 used) that had been signed by Bielsa. Also included Phillips who initially Bielsa convinced to stay, let's see if Jesse can do the same. ;)

Personally I said along we wouldn't go down with Bielsa and still believe that, Jesse took us close though while removing the entertainment factor.

Aaronson was already lined up if reports are to believed, would have come in January if Salzburg weren't still in Europe. The other two will only make us stronger if we keep Kalvin & Raph.
I'm absolutely with you on this. These signings could be judged after knowing the fate of our best players.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

The Fonz wrote:
whitedancer wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:
CheeznOnionPasty wrote:Roca deal has been announced on our website and the BBC as completed.
Our third signing of pre season & there will be those who don’t think the club are investing enough :roll:

( I don’t think so)
Has he would of still be trying to get every ounce out of Dallas,struilk,roberts,
And such like.

Interesting theory when facts show that it was Marsch that took us into the bottom 3 needing a result in the last game and relying on other results. That despite a decent run in on the fixture front.

Fortunately we got that result using players which included 10 (of the 13 used) that had been signed by Bielsa. Also included Phillips who initially Bielsa convinced to stay, let's see if Jesse can do the same. ;)

Personally I said along we wouldn't go down with Bielsa and still believe that, Jesse took us close though while removing the entertainment factor.

Aaronson was already lined up if reports are to believed, would have come in January if Salzburg weren't still in Europe. The other two will only make us stronger if we keep Kalvin & Raph.
Last season, Bielsa 26 games 23 points, 0.88PPG.
Marsch 12 games 15 points, 1.25PPG

Although we'll never know whether we would have survived under Bielsa, we weren't playing worse under Marsch than Bielsa. Obviously there are other factors at play, but saying Bielsa left us out of the bottom 3 and Marsch took us in and narrowly escaped isn't saying the full story. Burnley had games in hand, but got 21 from their first 26 games as played, so the gap widened in the end.

For the transfers there is the view that Aaronson was seen as a post Bielsa signing, in that the board wanted to change management in the summer whatever happened, and signing in January as they saw him as such. The board wouldn't have entertained signing any Bielsa player last season that wouldn't have fit the post Bielsa scenario.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Nic wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
whitedancer wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:

( I don’t think so)
And such like.

Last season, Bielsa 26 games 23 points, 0.88PPG.
Marsch 12 games 15 points, 1.25PPG

Although we'll never know whether we would have survived under Bielsa, we weren't playing worse under Marsch than Bielsa. Obviously there are other factors at play, but saying Bielsa left us out of the bottom 3 and Marsch took us in and narrowly escaped isn't saying the full story. Burnley had games in hand, but got 21 from their first 26 games as played, so the gap widened in the end.

For the transfers there is the view that Aaronson was seen as a post Bielsa signing, in that the board wanted to change management in the summer whatever happened, and signing in January as they saw him as such. The board wouldn't have entertained signing any Bielsa player last season that wouldn't have fit the post Bielsa scenario.
Take your point Nik but statistics are misleading as you need to factor in other things (unless you consider the likes of Norwich & Burnley the same as Liverpool & Man City).
Neither gained any points against top 6 teams although in his 12 matches Marsch faced only 3 of them. Bielsa faced 9 in his 26 games a much higher ratio.
This reason i believe the timing was deliberate, Marsch was to me already appointed prior to Bielsas last 3 games against top teams.

Another statistic is its common knowledge that are ppg has over the last 2 years has been far greater with Kalvin in the team and Marsch had him at his disposal for 8 of his 12 games (66%) against Bielsa having him 12 times in 26 games (46%).

A third statistic that would greatly effect our ppg is the number of times we only had one CB available, our injuries I believe played a big factor.

I also think we got very lucky with the sending offs for Wolves (at 2-0 down) and Brentford (at 1-1), sort of luck that usually evades us.

Still its only my opinion and hope Marsch now takes us forward, lets see as on paper the signings look decent so just need gelling into the team.
Depending on whether Kalvin leaves (which currently looks very likely) its important we replace with quality.
Same with Raph but I'm still optimistic we can keep him, fingers crossed on that one.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Does anyone else (or am i way behind) see Roca being bought to replace KP .... i.e is it already certain he's going?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Davycc wrote:Does anyone else (or am i way behind) see Roca being bought to replace KP .... i.e is it already certain he's going?
Very different playing styles from what I've read, Davy, so 'no' from me :angel:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Davycc wrote:Does anyone else (or am i way behind) see Roca being bought to replace KP .... i.e is it already certain he's going?
Very different playing styles from what I've read, Davy, so 'no' from me :angel:
I do hope you're right ANS and he actually plays alongside KP next season.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

HalifaxWhite wrote:So the big question, who next?

What are the current credible rumours? Are we still in for the striker in the MLS? Was it Castellanos?

If we get a decent striker and one more winger of better quality than James I'll be very happy. But then we also need to replace any sales
I think we will get a few youths through the door and the next ones will depend on Ka;vin or Raphinha leaving so may slow down a little ? It would make sense as the quality would be higher in the event either or both are sold. I still think there is prob 4 more coming either way
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I looked at the Bayern Munich forum ( English version ) they felt Roca never had a run in the first team but were pleased that they got the fee they did for him. No one was saying he was useless or anything so hope he proves them wrong.
Winner of the Europa League
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Davycc wrote:
I do hope you're right ANS and he actually plays alongside KP next season.
A evolvement on Mateus Klich perhaps? He came in for a bit of stick last season did MK and it seemed as if he was the first to get the hook when things were not going well. He nevertheless played his part on our revival and escape from the Championship and for that reason he will always have a special place and status in my eyes so far as LUFC is concerned. He remains good enough to be part of the first team squad; age is not on his side though
Keep The Faith / WAL
superfox
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by superfox »

A Bayern-fan of mine says Roca is a classic no. 6 with a bit of a Busquets/Thiago in him, so theoretically he could be a replacement.
He also said he is kinda slow, also not really suited to the football Marsch liked to play with his former teams, so it will be interesting.