Hockaday new Leeds United coach - NOW CONFIRMED

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Re: Hockaday new Leeds United coach - NOW CONFIRMED

Post by Aces »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Aces wrote:There's a huge chomping at the bit from a lot of fans, before the season even starts.
We the fans are the heart of the club of course folk are hacked off, bringing in a 56 year old, yes 56, coach with no proven track record we deserve better than that. Saved us from financial meltdown didn't Bates say summart similar everytime his back was to the wall. No Cellino is turning us into a laughing stock. If you remember I never wanted him at the club & I haven't changed my stance on that.
No one wanted either of them mate, I just accepted him because there's no real alternative. You were starting to warm to him, you removed your Cellino out caption and I understand everyone's concerns, I'm the same, but ..... We haven't seen the signings yet, or if there's going to be a quality Director of football, not to mention we haven't started the season yet.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Aces wrote: We haven't seen the signings yet, or if there's going to be a quality Director of football, not to mention we haven't started the season yet.
His first signing is Junior Lewis of the mighty Hendon as his assistant. Your faith in Cellino is admirable. Just heard on Sky that whilst at FGR despite having the largest budget in the Conference he almost got the team relegated but they were saved due to a technicality.
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Aces wrote: We haven't seen the signings yet, or if there's going to be a quality Director of football, not to mention we haven't started the season yet.
His first signing is Junior Lewis of the mighty Hendon as his assistant. Your faith in Cellino is admirable. Just heard on Sky that whilst at FGR despite having the largest budget in the Conference he almost got the team relegated but they were saved due to a technicality.

This feels like I have been on a 24hr bender and just woken up next a ninety year old smoking a rolled up fag, calling me lover sweetheart. Note to self put head under pillow and maybe when I reemerge this will be a bad dream.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
At this moment in time after signing Hocka-who-day, I have little faith in him TBH, but I'm not going start bagging either of them, until I see how the new signings fair and how the team performs. Remember most on here said they would be happy to see us hovering above mid table, or close to a play off place next season and then hopefully pushing for promotion the year after. All I'm saying is I'm willing to wait and see before getting the knives out.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
retter666
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by retter666 »

you can just see every other teams fans laughing at us-leeds united have now been confirmed as a joke-I do not know whether to laugh or cry-its like a script torn from the pages of a carry on film-ohhhh matron
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

It's says there are 49 none members looking in on this great forum. Why don't you sign up and become a member? The more the merrier folks. :thumbup:
The Johnson
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by The Johnson »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
rigger wrote:Funny old game, isn't it ?
Nice new avatar Rigger, suppose you'll be starting the Dave Hockaday Appreciation Society ;)
Joined.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

A quote on how Dave is going win the respect of the fans.

#lufc DH: "I have to earn the fans respect & equally they have to earn mine. The fans want hard work, passion hunger & I will give it them."

A note to Mr Hockaday I've followed Leeds for over 50 years not involved with the club for a few hours. Pray tell me how I'm going to earn your respect. Beggars belief it really does. The whole sorry business is a recipe for disaster.
Winner of the Europa League
jjrgreeney
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by jjrgreeney »

Is there a Dave Hockaday fan club and if so where do I sign up?
Football is my religion and Elland Road is my church.